We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

What would you prefer? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Kellee Bernier
Kellee Bernier Aug 25 '22
Hi everyone, 
I am just thinking to buy a condo but I just come to know that there is also a best option available in the shape of coop. What would you prefer that which one should I choose. Please keep in my mind my low budget.
Emma Rosi
Emma Rosi Aug 25 '22
You are right there is an option available for buying Coop for yourself but Coop is not much reliable or affordable than Condos. Finances for condos are frequently simpler. It can be challenging to get a mortgage for a co-op. Co-ops are avoided by some lenders, or they demand larger down payments. 

I have buyed a condo last year and it was a prefect decision for me. I saw a listing of Charlottesville condos for sale and buyed from there. A key distinction between a co-op and a condo is that most co-op associations call for the co-op board to approve any potential buyer. The benefit is that you may choose your neighbor's. The drawback is that the board must authorize the buyer before you can sell, which can cause a delay.