We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Update AKS on the servers | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Serj
Serj Sep 5 '22
What is the best way to update AKS on the servers through what? I understand that in the time we've been using the servers, we already have an outdated infrastructure. Security is already screaming that we need to update the infrastructure as a matter of urgency.
Din
Din Sep 5 '22
Updates on the nodes are installed automatically if you have not removed this option. You only need to restart the nodes and after the restart the updates will be installed.
Serj
Serj Sep 5 '22
I restarted the nodes a long time ago, several months ago. Before that, another person was working for me. Thank you for telling me. How do I automate this process, in case I forget again?
Din
Din Sep 5 '22
Microsoft tries to update your nodes every night on its own, you may not have rebooted nodes for a long time in order to apply fixes. The easiest way to do this is through KureD. When Kured finds a reboot-required file, it will change its status to "Ready" and then the nodes will be upgraded. You can read more about KureD here. It also says how to launch it, because runs with Linux.