We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

How do i update, | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Adam
Adam Dec 18 '12
Hi how do i update to 1.5 please its 19th December 
Owen Baines
Owen Baines Dec 18 '12
The update is not ready for general availability yet.
Adam
Adam Dec 18 '12
oh it said on the 19th of December , I live in UK and its the 19th now
Pete
Pete Dec 18 '12

Quote from Owen Baines
The update is not ready for general availability yet.

When will it be it be ready ?
Owen Baines
Owen Baines Dec 18 '12
The Oxwall foundation are American so within the 18 hours I presume.

Take note it is the 18th still in the US
The Forum post is edited by Owen Baines Dec 18 '12
Pete
Pete Dec 18 '12

This is way out of order when thy post update will be ready on 19th . Oxwall should have posted a message to inform members,that there will be some delays .

The Forum post is edited by Pete Dec 18 '12
Owen Baines
Owen Baines Dec 18 '12
Because it will be, when it is 9 am ish on the 19th in local time. Regard delays, what delays? Oxwall is US based, they would expect people to accept timezones.
The Forum post is edited by Owen Baines Dec 18 '12
Adam
Adam Dec 18 '12
I agree with Pete
Owen Baines
Owen Baines Dec 18 '12
Lets establish this.

Oxwall is US based. Releases are going to be done office hours. Office hours are 9-5. The release will be on the 19th. Currently it is the 18 in the US. Hence the release will be 'delayed' due to a time zones which everyone should know affects everything.
Pete
Pete Dec 18 '12

Quote from Owen Baines
Because it will be, when it is 9 am ish on the 19th in local time. Regard delays, what delays? Oxwall is US based, they would expect people to accept timezones.

I never knew that oxwall was in USA . Oxwall want to get there act sorted and post people proper info .
The Forum post is edited by Pete Dec 18 '12
Adam
Adam Dec 18 '12
yer I agree with Pete
Owen Baines
Owen Baines Dec 18 '12
All I can say is the release in the US. Australians aren't complaining about the fact it is not released yet, and there it is nearly 12 pm Wednesday the 19.
Pete
Pete Dec 18 '12

Quote from Owen Baines
All I can say is the release in the US. Australians aren't complaining about the fact it is not released yet, and there it is nearly 12 pm Wednesday the 19.

This is not the point .I know members on this website that run Oxwall.who have told there members that there website is going to be updated on the 19th . It just makes people look like a fool .Anyway i am not complaining  i do not give a uck to tell you the truth,Its probabley full of bugs anyway .
Pete
Pete Dec 18 '12
I would just like to add that before oxwall post about updates ,thy should take into account of timezones and bring out updates 48 hours after the set date .this would solve problems
Everton
Everton Dec 18 '12
Aaaaaaaaah.. so that's why the community is slow?
Alia Team
Alia Dec 19 '12
1.5 is already packed. It is currently going thought final testing stages. Once testing is over, the new version will be released. Exact hour is not known yet.

Joseph
Joseph Dec 19 '12
makes sense that they are us based I used to get emails with an address in south bend indiana which is where I live lol but that was for xitti but its all eh same they like to pretend there is a big difference