We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

500 on Install of 1.5 | Forum

Brandin
Brandin Dec 19 '12
I had updated my 1.4.1 to 1.5 but I was getting fed up with the 500 return errors so I decided I wanted to do a fresh install and just merge the databases...I can't even get to the install folder without getting a 500 return error...help?
Stuart
Stuart Dec 19 '12
Dunno I had no probs. Basically I wiped both database and /

The php and apache mods are the same as in 1.4.

Have you turned on your debug settings and had a look at the apache logs?

ps its supposed to say and "/www" its there but doesn't show
The Forum post is edited by Stuart Dec 19 '12
matt
matt Dec 19 '12
Same for me, When I upload the package for a fresh install, extract and try to access /install   I get an error.

wtf!

matt
Pete
Pete Dec 19 '12
deactivate all your plugins first  if you or doing an upgrade
matt
matt Dec 19 '12
Understood! I am trying a fresh install firstly, and getting the error.

/confuzzled

Matt
Pete
Pete Dec 19 '12

Update your oxwall in your admin ,reinstall your backup 1.4 then do the update through your oxwall admin,the link is there to update ,make sure all your plugins or deactivated when you update

The Forum post is edited by Pete Dec 19 '12
tracy
tracy Dec 19 '12
sometimes servers not like the way the ox htaccess file is written, you may have to go in and scroll to the bottom where you will see /index, remove the forward slash, this may just do the trick for you.
Alia Team
Alia Dec 20 '12
Topic was moved from General Questions.
Saurabh Sharma
Saurabh Sharma Dec 20 '12
Ah C'mon! its easy!

Just change the permissions of your index.php to 644

Done!

Alia Team
Alia Dec 20 '12
Guys, we will not be able to help you knowing only that you are getting  500 error.  If you are reporting 500 error, please enable DEBUG mode first and include the real error into the topic you are creating. Thank you.