We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

when will 1.5 appear in admin for update | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Stan Thompson
Stan Thompson Dec 19 '12
Hi, I am just waiting for 1.5 to appear in admin area for update, when will this happen?
Alia Team
Alia Dec 19 '12
Stan, usually this happens in 24 hours.
Helike
Helike Dec 19 '12
Aliia,

In last update (1.4.1) my admin page don't prompted any alert about updates, is that right?

Alia Team
Alia Dec 19 '12
That is strange. If you will not get auto update notice in admin panel in a day-two, let me know.
Stan Thompson
Stan Thompson Dec 20 '12
Thank you for your reply Aliia :)
Purusothaman Ramanujam
By this time you should have got the update notice.
Celia Price
Celia Price Dec 20 '12

I got error 500 internal server error when trying to update. Does this mean I am going to have to reinstall everything or is this part of the process?

Purusothaman Ramanujam
Try to deactivate plugins and reactive one by one to see which plugin cases the problem.

As others has said in other posts, mailbox might be the one causing the problem.
Helike
Helike Dec 20 '12
Where should appers the update alert?

Stan Thompson
Stan Thompson Dec 20 '12
I live in England so will I expect the update to show up in my admin panel sometime today?
Celia Price
Celia Price Dec 20 '12
I couldn't even get back in to my site. I went in to the file manager and I can access the .php files but don't know what to edit. I sent a request to my hosting company to have them check error logs as instructed in another topic. Is there a way to roll back the update in the file manager? My site won't open at all. Thanks for your reply!
Purusothaman Ramanujam
There is no fail safe downgrade options.

Its going to be one of the plugins that might have caused this.
Celia Price
Celia Price Dec 20 '12

Thanks so much to you and cit24 both for posting helpful answers. I finally got in to my admin panel. After reading the post below, I put my site url/oxwall/ow_updates and got in to my admin panel. When I disabled messages, the update seemed to be able to complete and my site is available again.

cit244 hours ago

This Problem is SOLVED

(I am Still Log in)
I open the page: site.com/ow_updates and Click Yes
automatically redirect me to the admin panel....
Thank U Purusothaman you are the best friend

Celia Price
Celia Price Dec 20 '12
Update on my 500 error problem, when I reactivated the Blog plugin, I got the 500 internal server error. Deactivated it and my site was OK. I then did all the other plugin updates and tried to activate the Blogs plugin again. At first I got the 500 error again, then I went back and it showed that the activation worked. Then the "update" tab became available and I was able to update successfully. There must have been another plug-in that needed to be updated first, I'm not sure, but so far everything is working again. As far as contact importer plug-in, I did not configure Google (yet) and the facebook part seems to have updated OK. The last thing I have to do is restore the graphics for my theme.
tedd
tedd Dec 20 '12
how to get auto updates in admin panel, as i still haven't got any?

I manuly updated my platform but no updates for plugins :(
Alia Team
Alia Dec 20 '12
Tedd, if you have CRON working correctly you should have got auto update in admin panel by now.
Check this topic for more information: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/1027
Daren
Daren Dec 21 '12
Quote from Purusothaman Ramanujam Try to deactivate plugins and reactive one by one to see which plugin cases the problem.

As others has said in other posts, mailbox might be the one causing the problem.

seriously .... anyone did this (deactivate all plugin and reactivate) without any other error than reported ? My page becomes a blank normal html lolol

Stan Thompson
Stan Thompson Dec 21 '12
It is now the 21/12/2012 and still the update for 1.5 is not showing up in my admin panel, and I know that my cron job is working as I am still getting notification from it? what is the problem?
Sam
Sam Dec 23 '12
Quote from Aliia That is strange. If you will not get auto update notice in admin panel in a day-two, let me know.

Its been 4 days but no auto update.. i have check the cron and set it up as per the documentation (
http://docs.oxwall.org/install:cron) but still no luck.. My website is www.umaytell.com/connect
Helike
Helike Dec 23 '12
Seems it's better make a manual update..
Pages: 1 2 »