We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Newbie installation problem with easy-hebergement.fr | Forum

Isadora
Isadora Dec 20 '12
Hi !

I was on Wall.fm for a long time, but I decided to switch to Oxwall because of all the problem with the Wall.fm servers these days.

I'm easy-hebergement.fr and I've got my hosting there.

I used installatron to put oxwall on it, when I load my index, the oxwall home page is here, but, I can't login with my admin logs, it shows an error red message, and all the (as join or profil) are "404 not found" !

I think the install is not complete, but I don't know how to finish it without mess it up ...

Please Help !

Alia Team
Alia Dec 23 '12
Isadora, can you check:

1. whether your server meets our requirements.
2. whether mod_rewrite is enabled.
3. whether all Oxwall files are in place and nothing was lost along the way.
3. are you trying to install Oxwall in a subfolder or subdirectory?

Bob (Coder Whacker)
First please tell what host you are installing Oxwall on?

Is it an automatic installation?

Are you using cpanel?

Have you checked your Cron as the address paths can be different than those of the installation supplies.

Your choice of hosting is very important it has to be one that is compatible to oxwalls requirements.

make sure your host meets the following hosting requirements:
  • Linux/Unix/Windows
  • Apache 2 or higher (with mod_rewrite module)
  • PHP 5.2.6 or higher with:
    • register_globals off
    • safe_mode off
    • suPHP off
    • suApache off
    • suhosin off
  • PHP modules:
    • PDO
    • DOM
    • mbstring
    • zip
    • zlib
    • ftp
    • json
  • MySQL 5.0 or higher
  • GD Library 2 with FreeType support
  • Mail server (SendMail, Exim or other)

At present BlueHost is having problems as their Super Scripts have not been updated. 

Arvixe has been reported as being a good choice by Dogspawfile whom reports a successful install and migration. I think Arvixe supplied super help.

See http://www.oxwall.org/hosting

I have had problems with cpanel Softaculous auto install, well its really the Oxwall 1.5.0 new installation and the console in all other themes but the two themes supplied with it. Plus the usual migration problem.

However you can always stop tearing your hair out by employing the services of Oxwall's technicians. Or love the challenge of a month or so of successfully installing and getting your members on your new site. These problems always happen on every upgrade. I think Arvixe could be your best choice.

Here on this forum I have spent months tearing my hair out, but now successfully run three oxwall site that have no problems to really gripe at. Best of luck Isadora and please let me know how you get on