We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Account Types | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Patrick
Patrick Feb 20 '11
Is it possible to edit user's account type?

I noticed that when you have, say free and premium accounts, a facebook user who registers will be tagged as free, but would not be able to be converted to a premium account.
Den Team
Den Feb 21 '11
Hi
it is impossible to edit account type after registration. I suggest you to use "User roles" for free and premium users except the account types.
Account types was created to determine users by their type, like worker and employer.
Regarding fb connect, in next versions of this plugin, we will add post join page, which will appear after connecting user. He will be able to agree with TOS of the site and some fill in some other necessary profile's fields.

Patrick
Patrick Mar 2 '11
Hi Addenster,

Thanks, I think we'll make a work-around for the meantime for this issue.
Den Team
Den Mar 3 '11
You are welcome Patrick :)
Patrick
Patrick Mar 14 '11
@Addenster,

Would the oxwall team be interested in implementing the Facebook's Registration plugin to replace the current Facebook Connect plugin.

This is the fix on the above mentioned issue.

Thanks.
Den Team
Den Mar 15 '11
We will think about it. Thanks for suggestion!
nate
nate Mar 27 '11
Hey this post might help you some http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/436?page=1#post-3787
The Forum post is edited by nate Mar 27 '11
Patrick
Patrick Mar 28 '11
Thanks, for the reply nate.
And it is the work-around I was talking about, but instead, we set up a new plugin to change Account Types from first time fb connect users.

But still, implementing the new Facebook Login + Registration will be smoother.
The Forum post is edited by Patrick Mar 28 '11