We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

A couple of niggley bugs! | Forum

Paul
Paul Dec 20 '12
I updated today via the Admin panel and updated all of the plugins etc the same way.

Since updating, it is no longer possible to comment on posts in the newsfeed (there's a comment icon but nothing happens when it's clicked).  I deactivated all plugins and removed all custom HTML blocks containing ads etc but commenting still doesn't work.  I have even tried changing the theme but to no avail.

In addition, entries in the custom CSS on the edit theme page in the Admin panel make no difference at all - they are saved but nothing happens to change the layout.

Any help would greatly appreciated (and I apologise if I started a new topic but I couldn't find one that covered these issues!).

Many thanks.

Alia Team
Alia Dec 21 '12
Thank you Paul, is there anyway we can check this on your site with all needed access details?
Paul
Paul Dec 21 '12
Will PM you the details now
tedd
tedd Dec 21 '12
i get newsfeed error too, How can i fix this? it only happens when posting on it.

Fatal error: Call to undefined method BASE_CommentsParams::setBatchData() in /home/#####/public_html/ow_plugins/newsfeed/components/feed_item.php on line 401

Paul
Paul Dec 21 '12
@tedd - have you tried running a repair on your the Newsfeed tables in the database.  When something similar happened on the site I run, I checked the SQL database and found one of them needed repairing.  If you're running cPanel on your server, it's easy enough to do.
tedd
tedd Dec 22 '12
how can i do this?
Pete
Pete Dec 22 '12

Quote from Paul
I updated today via the Admin panel and updated all of the plugins etc the same way.

Since updating, it is no longer possible to comment on posts in the newsfeed (there's a comment icon but nothing happens when it's clicked).  I deactivated all plugins and removed all custom HTML blocks containing ads etc but commenting still doesn't work.  I have even tried changing the theme but to no avail.

In addition, entries in the custom CSS on the edit theme page in the Admin panel make no difference at all - they are saved but nothing happens to change the layout.

Any help would greatly appreciated (and I apologise if I started a new topic but I couldn't find one that covered these issues!).

Many thanks.

You need to click on the newfeed plugin and set up the settings
The Forum post is edited by Pete Dec 22 '12
Paul
Paul Dec 22 '12
Quote from Pete 

You need to click on the newfeed plugin and set up the settings

Thanks for the suggestion but that was one of the first things I tried and it didn't do anything.  I've even tried manually updating the plugin but to no avail at all.

Thanks any way - it's good to see a community working together.

Paul
Paul Dec 22 '12
@tedd - does your hosting use cPanel?
tedd
tedd Dec 22 '12
yes please tell me in steps how to do it thanks mate
Paul
Paul Dec 22 '12
@tedd - Here you go:

1. log in to your cPanel

2. find phpMyAdmin and click on it (a new page should open for you)

3. find your Oxwall database if you have more than one database on your server and click on it

4. you will get a list of database tables - click on the checkbox for all of the newsfeed ones (they will usually appear as ow_newsfeed_(table) - there should be 8 in total)

5. scroll to the bottom

6. you will see a drop down menu with the words "With selected" - click on it and select "Repair table"

7. wait for the repair process to finish

8. go to your site and see if it now works

Please note that I cannot guarantee this will work - when something similar happened on the site I run, running the repair worked for me.  

If you would like me to do this for you then send me a PM and I will be happy to do it for you.

tedd
tedd Dec 23 '12
thanks guys what if i just add a new copy of the newsfeed plugin will that solve my problem?
Joseph
Joseph Dec 23 '12
I think judging by your error it should fix the issue but in case it doesn't I can have a look personally just inbox me 
James Walter
James Walter Jan 2
We can do anything from a simple pad replacement to a complete brake job. Santa Ana Onsite Truck Repair