We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Installationa of new version not in my admin | Forum

savvas
savvas Dec 20 '12
Hi, i went in my back office admin and the new version doesn't appear there , what could be the problem  ?  how do i do the upgrade.

Cheers

Savvas

Purusothaman Ramanujam
Are you sure you have your cron running? ITs already few days and by this time you should have got the update notice
ben
ben Dec 21 '12
check your cron path make sure the path is right to your oxwall cron run.php
savvas
savvas Dec 21 '12
thanks guys .x.x.x.x.
savvas
savvas Dec 21 '12
what settings , how should i set it up pls

\

savvas
savvas Dec 22 '12
done the cron job to every minute but it still dont appear can someone help me pls 

Sav

Pete
Pete Dec 22 '12
Down load the 1.5 upgrade from downloads/Upload the zip file to were you have your oxwall files ,if you have cpanel loginto your cpanel and unpack ,and then run i think its your domain /ow_upgrade
The Forum post is edited by Pete Dec 22 '12
savvas
savvas Dec 22 '12
hi pete , thanks but you have lost me , am not really good at all this  can you help ?
savvas
savvas Dec 22 '12
what is the name of the file that i will upload in after the download , and do i put the whole file in ? 
Pete
Pete Dec 22 '12

http://www.oxwall.org/thank-you/e9c3ebf55772eaee67423545d398d8a6

upgrade click on link then download to your desktop computer .The get use ftp software and upload zip folder you just downloaded to the folder were your main oxwall is

Pete
Pete Dec 22 '12
One you have uploaded log into your webhost control panel ,and you need to click on file manger.then click on zip file and unpact the zip file
Pete
Pete Dec 22 '12
before you do anything make sure you make a couple backups of your database very important in case update messes up .
Pete
Pete Dec 22 '12
then run i think its your domain /ow_upgrade.
Pete
Pete Dec 22 '12
once you have done this you might get error messages about plugins if you get any of these i will try help you to sort them out
Pete
Pete Dec 22 '12

When you have done this, join my website and we can chat on live chat better and it musc easyer to help you ,you will have to tell me who your or when you join send me message

www.dadpeter.co.uk

Pete
Pete Dec 22 '12
You understand this upgrade might mess all your website up and some of your plugins may not work after,my advice to you is to leave the upgrade for a few weeks untill all tiny bugs have been fixed .You website is fine for the moment i look at it .
savvas
savvas Dec 22 '12
ok mate will give it a miss for now , thanks for advising .x.x.x.x.