We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

reset back up but still cannot access my website? | Forum

Stan Thompson
Stan Thompson Dec 21 '12
Dear Sir/Madam

I spoke to my Host about the ERROR 500 INTERNAL SEWRVER ERROR, so they used a back up to restore the website but still cannot gain access to my website, and they informed me to contact Oxwall support, I just do not know what is causing this problem and neither do my Host, can you please Help!

kind regards

Stan

www.mydiarybook.co.uk
Pete
Pete Dec 21 '12

You might be better installing 1.4 again and reinstalling your db ,plugins ,etc.I have reinstalled my website about 4 times but still keep getting 500 error message when i upgrade .i am going to reinstall backup again and and  use 1.4 untill some of the bugs get fixed .

You may be better installing 1.4 again Stan

Stan Thompson
Stan Thompson Dec 21 '12
I would love to Pete but I cannot gain access to my website
Pete
Pete Dec 21 '12

Have you got back off your website and db Stan ? If you have  them on your desktop you can do a reinstall

Pete
Pete Dec 21 '12

If you ftp to your website and download ow_userfiles folder in your Oxwall Set up , this is were oxwall store all your yourimages ,etc,etc,this is all you need to reinstall your website . And also a back up copy of your database .This is all you need as i have a copy of oxwall 1.4 i can give you to run install

Stan Thompson
Stan Thompson Dec 21 '12
I'm not sure sure Pete all my back ups are on my Hosting website but I do not have a clue how to use them
Stan Thompson
Stan Thompson Dec 21 '12
Bluehost reset my html folder for my website saying that it would fix the problem but it did not
Pete
Pete Dec 21 '12
You need a copy of you database Stan to do a reinstall
Pete
Pete Dec 21 '12
Or you on Cpanel
Alia Team
Alia Dec 24 '12
Seems like you were able to fix 500 error, since your site is up right now.

Stan Thompson
Stan Thompson Dec 24 '12

Yes it is fine now except when I click on customize main page the error 500 comes up again :(

Alia Team
Alia Dec 27 '12
Can you enable DEBUG mode and le tme know the real error behind 500 one?
Once you are done, don't forget to disable DEBUG mode.