We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

instant chat (solved) | Forum

Pete
Pete Dec 21 '12
if i activate my instant chat ,my mailbox,user profile button, and notificashions top right of page ,dont work .if i deactivate insttant chat you can click on them and thy work
The Forum post is edited by Pete Dec 22 '12
Roshan Choudhary
Roshan Choudhary Dec 22 '12
same here
Joseph
Joseph Dec 22 '12
Pete if you would like I can have a look i had this same issue and found some files were some how in the wrong places it was weird 
Pete
Pete Dec 22 '12
You might be better posting the fix here then Oxwall staff can update and provide fix  Jo.
Joseph
Joseph Dec 22 '12
well I found that in my ow_plugins folder there were files belonging to a plugin actually in that directory instead of them being in the directory they belonged to once I removed this and reinstalled the plugins listed above it all worked it may or may not be the fix you seek 
Pete
Pete Dec 22 '12
I just delet the chat pluging and downloaded a fresh copy and reinstalled and its fine now
Joseph
Joseph Dec 22 '12
yeah something had to be out of place with it usually this error means something is out of place or missing I have come to find
Pete
Pete Dec 22 '12
The chat is wierd when you type in a word all the tex goes to the right side instead of left side ,it looks strange .
Joseph
Joseph Dec 22 '12
yeah and the person talking to you goes to the left i will see if I can work up a css trick for you guys that dont like it
Pete
Pete Dec 22 '12

I suppose it will be ok once peps get used to it .

Pete
Pete Dec 22 '12
The chat is alot better at the bottom right of the page .
The Forum post is edited by Pete Dec 22 '12
Joseph
Joseph Dec 22 '12
yeah I haven't had a complaint from any users yet 
Pete
Pete Dec 22 '12
You cant clear the chat thats a bit of a bummer