We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Photo source & PHP help | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
JB TECH
JB TECH Dec 21 '12
Hi everyone.

I want to make a simple plugin for my site that places a Make Profile Picture link in the drop down box on photo views. A user has told me that it's "gayness" that my site doesn't have that.

I know something like this could be done in a day, but I find that your documentation isn't helpful enough. So, if anyone knows the PHP and source behind the photos, or the team, could you please share with me what would be needed? Thanks.
Michael I.
Michael I. Dec 24 '12
You should use the photo.collect_photo_context_actions event. That's all information I have, I can't provide you with further assistance.
JB TECH
JB TECH Jan 1 '13
I need more help. Like, how to add the link to the drop down box, for the user that uploaded it, and how to make it do the profile picture function.
Purusothaman Ramanujam

Quote from Michael I. You should use the photo.collect_photo_context_actions event. That's all information I have, I can't provide you with further assistance.

I think this won't work, as the Event Manager actions for this event is missing. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Purusothaman Ramanujam
When binding an event to "photo.collect_photo_context_actions", it gives out 500 internal server error.
JB TECH
JB TECH Jan 2 '13
Yes, infact who ever developed the main core for the photo thing could offer the most help with this plugin Idea of mine. Just simply need to know how to post the link in the options box, and when clicked resize it for the appropriate profile picture on profile, and newsfeeds, where ever. Or at least make it to where it takes them to the avatar edit area and shows the picture they want for cropping.
Michael I.
Michael I. Jan 9 '13
Topic was moved from Custom Code Modifications.
Alia Team
Alia Jan 10 '13
Jake, search the Store. This kind of plugin already exists.
JB TECH
JB TECH Jan 10 '13
Yes I know. Purus made his before mine, so I'll just purchase his, the same idea he did except for the admin settings haha :)
Purusothaman Ramanujam
I felt admin settings for restricting this feature. Else members can set other members photo as their avatar.
JB TECH
JB TECH Jan 10 '13
It's nice, I'll get your plugin when I have the money.