We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Newsfeed and Other Errors (fixed) | Forum

Sean T
Sean T Dec 22 '12
There is something wrong with my newsfeed. Every comment has errors like below. I am running 1.5. What is the correct procedure for reinstalling the newsfeed? I did it once and it helped but I still have this problem.

My site is sithacademy.com. Note also that instant chat and notification don't work at all.

Message: Undefined index: remove File: /home/sctaylor/public_html/ow_smarty/template_c/0962ab911378494a802ab41c26726b6c8776f2f8.file.feed_item.html.php Line: 50

Message: Undefined index: comments File: /home/sctaylor/public_html/ow_smarty/template_c/0962ab911378494a802ab41c26726b6c8776f2f8.file.feed_item.html.php Line: 80
The Forum post is edited by Alia Dec 24 '12
Pete
Pete Dec 22 '12
The correct way to remove is go to oxwall admin andd click on delet at side of the plugin that you wish to remove and delet ,then download fresh plugin from store and reupload
The Forum post is edited by Pete Dec 22 '12
Sean T
Sean T Dec 22 '12
I clicked uninstall by the newsfeed plugin. Then I renamed the newfeed directory in ow_plugins to newsfeed_orig. Then I uploaded the unzipped newsfeed folder from http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/43. Then I installed the newsfeed in admin. Is this correct? Maybe the database is the problem? I had some problems with that before and Joseph was able to fix them on his server.
The Forum post is edited by Sean T Dec 22 '12
Joseph
Joseph Dec 22 '12
got ya fixed up good sir for reference never just rename a plugin folder it will still effect your plugin if you want to backup a plugin from files make a zipped copy and then delete the original
Sean T
Sean T Dec 22 '12
Thank you Joseph for all your work to resolve this, you were extremely helpful!