We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Major Suggestions (please consider) - Search Plus v.1.0 - Top Search Widget (like Facebook) | Forum

JB TECH
JB TECH Dec 24 '12
Hello, aron. I have a few important suggestions for this plugin if and when you update it for 1.5.

Make It Thinner - You should make the bar on the header a bit thinner so it takes up less space.

Attach it to the Console better - It should be attached to the new console better, like right by the Mailbox button, and it pushes over to the left when the Friend Request button appears

Members only - Let admin decide if the Search can be used for Members & Guest, or Members only.

Re-design the Drop Down results - You should re-design the look of the drop down results, to be a bit squared and simpler, like Facebook search.

Please consider these for the search. Thanks!
aron
aron Dec 31 '12
There is little change in the plugin. In the configuration, you need to choose ".... for oxwall 1.5". Search added to the new console ...

Very soon will version: Oxwall 1.5. READY

DavidZenry
DavidZenry Mar 28 '13
Could there be an option to have the search box as a side-bar block too?
DavidZenry
DavidZenry Apr 5 '13
Is there any chance the search can look for results beyond the title? I.e Also search forum/blog posts and group/link descriptions.

Also request to support the WiKi Plugin.

Thanks

Alex Philipp
Alex Philipp Apr 5 '13
Quote from DavidZenry Could there be an option to have the search box as a side-bar block too?

As far as I remember, you can add this widget to sidebar Just click Customize Index page and put it to sidebar
DavidZenry
DavidZenry Apr 5 '13
I've figured out how to search the descriptions ad include them in search, very simple edit of the SELECT * queries in query.php :)
You do not have permission to reply this topic