We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Bugs Affecting notifications - Online/Offline , Birthday notification, Update notification | Forum

idea
idea Dec 25 '12
Dear,

I've linux hosting
I've current platform version - 1.4.1

I've proper cron setup.. (as attached..)I'm facing few issues since 1.3 ver

#users stay online for so many days..

#Some times Birthday notifications on newsfeed (index page) shows properly and some times it can't..

#now as 1.5 released i still cant see update notification on my admin panel..

======

one more thing i want to state here is that i have following settings in "php.ini" fine in "public_html"..

suhosin.simulation On

extension=pdo.so

extension=pdo_mysql.so

allow_url_fopen=On

but i have to deactivate this "php.ini"(by renaming it with "_php.ini") because as i activate it in public folder it gives following error (also file attached)

Fatal error: session_start() [<a href='function.session-start'>function.session-start</a>]: Failed to initialize storage module: files (path: ) in /home/ikbcin/public_html/ow_core/session.php on line 83

The Forum post is edited by idea Dec 25 '12
Attachments:
  2012-12-25_232240.png (3.67Kb)
  2012-12-25_233537.png (21.98Kb)
  run.txt (3.35Kb)
ca47
ca47 Jan 3 '13
I had the same log out problem. Users need to log out manually. just closing the page will not work. 

That is a bug that HAVE TO BE FIXED!

idea
idea Jan 13 '13
surprising no replies...
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Its the core developers who has say a word on this.
idea
idea Jan 20 '13
why i still have to wait for the support..?
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Because its them who can identity the issue as they have more knowledge of Oxwall.
Alia Team
Alia Jan 21 '13
ca27, I have checked with developers regarding

>>Fatal error: session_start() [<a href='function.session-start'>function.session-start</a>]: Failed to initialize storage module: files (path: ) in /home/ikbcin/public_html/ow_core/session.php on line 83

This is not a bug, first of all. Error means that there is a problem with the session.save_path in the php.ini file. You will need to make sure that session.save_path points to the location that actually exist on your server. If you don't have access to php.ini, you will need to contact your hosting company.

>>but i have to deactivate this "php.ini"(by renaming it with "_php.ini") because as i activate it in public folder it gives following error (also file attached)

This proves that the issue is withing the settings of the php.ini file, since without it software works fine. You will need to make sure that session.save_path points to the location that actually exist on your server.

Idea, regarding

>>

#users stay online for so many days..

#Some times Birthday notifications on newsfeed (index page) shows properly and some times it can't..

#now as 1.5 released i still cant see update notification on my admin panel..

Are you still facing those issues? If yes, I will be glad to help you if you send me access details to your admin panel, FTP and control panel. Thank you.