We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Unfound parts when changing language | Forum

mimi
mimi Dec 26 '12
Hi to you all, 

I'm using 1.5 with french translation. Some parts are inaccessible from search to modify :

Welcome to our site! Here are a few quick links that you need to start your way around:

I find it quite difficult to translate because it searches only on translation texts, so when field is empty you cannot access it. Also, is it possible to get rid of the span pages and view all within a page ? ThanksThanks

Alia Team
Alia Dec 26 '12

Mimi,

>>>I find it quite difficult to translate because it searches only on translation texts, so when field is empty you cannot access it

Use yoursitename.com/admin/dev-tools/languages URL to search by text keys instead of translated text. For example following text key is not translated: {text key='base+base_sign_in_txt'} .

Go to the URL specified above, paste "base_sign_in_txt" keyword (remove the "{text key='" prefix and all other symbols like {}), check "in keys" check box and click search. This way even if the phrase is not translated, system will search by the text key and will give you the results.

In case with the "Welcome" section you showed in your screen shot. You will not be able to translate it using "Languages". To change the text of this section:

- open the  page where "Welcome" widget is displayed

- click "Customize this page" ( located on top of the opened page)

- Near the "Welcome" text you will see "Settings" icon ( see screen shot attached)

- Click on that icon and translate the text in an opened window.

As you will notice, this particular phrase can be used only in one language. So once you change the text using above steps, text will be one and the same no matter which language user selects.

mimi
mimi Dec 27 '12
Thanks for your reply, Aliia, 

I did not see the "Search in keys" checkbox.

What about getting rid of paging, or being able to adjust it to 50 or 100 items?

Where can I adjust this?

Thanks

Alia Team
Alia Dec 27 '12
Mimi "Search in Keys" check box is only available under following URL  www.yoursitenamehere.com/admin/dev-tools/languages ( see screen shot attached).

Regarding paging, unfortunately removing pagination requires custom code modification.