We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

posting vids in forum - Can Not Reproduce. | Forum

Pete
Pete Dec 31 '12
if somebody posts a vid say from you tube ,then somebody replys by als posting a vid ,the input box goes under the first vid so sometime you just cant post the second vid. As anybody else come across this problem.
The Forum post is edited by Alia Jan 3 '13
Alia Team
Alia Jan 2 '13
Pete, more details how and where this can be reproduced is much appreciated.

I have tested in Firefox 15.0.1. Posted an embed from youtube without any additional text.
Then quoted my own post and pasted another embed code after the quote- all went well.
Purusothaman Ramanujam
I am not able to reproduce this issue.
Pete
Pete Jan 2 '13
When i come across this issue again i will do a screen shot and post this
tracy
tracy Jan 5 '13
here is a screenshot of it, mine is doing the same thing.....
Attachments:
  Capture.JPG (28.11Kb)
tracy
tracy Jan 5 '13
you'll notice that the div does not expand with the video, would love to know where this is located in the script so i can play with it and see what is causing it....
tracy
tracy Jan 5 '13
here is a screenshot with the web developer in mozilla inspecting it....this is what it shows as the area that is being affected....
Attachments:
  Capture.JPG (30.13Kb)
tracy
tracy Jan 5 '13
another screenshot......this renders the send button useless
Attachments:
  Capture.JPG (36.95Kb)
tracy
tracy Jan 5 '13
okay, what i've noticed is that in internet explorer it doesn't render the  send button useless, but it does in firefox....i'm wondering if this has to do with the div being position: relative....and maybe the clearfix isn't clearing it or something i don't know...
tracy
tracy Jan 6 '13
i noticed that if you click on the x then click send it will post the embedded video....i don't have a problem with my test installation in wamp, only the one on the hosted server
Purusothaman Ramanujam
You face this only in any particular theme?
tracy
tracy Jan 6 '13
no, all themes....and I've tested with three different servers and fresh installs.....i've attached another image where it looks as if the z index of the video player is not correct, this happens on all servers, and internet explorer and mozilla firefox..... when using firefox, if i click on the x for the div that the movie is supposed to be in, and then click send, it will post the embedded movie...in internet explorer, i can click the send button just fine.....apparently the div that makes up the video player is not extended over the send button in internet explorer, but is in mozilla......
Attachments:
  Capture.JPG (35.32Kb)
tracy
tracy Jan 6 '13
and also, i did not install any plugins with the last install so its not a third party plugin issue.....i also did not opt to install the plugins that the software offers at the end of install
tracy
tracy Jan 6 '13
the servers I have used are mowes portable, wamp, and the hosting server at x10hosting
tracy
tracy Jan 6 '13
each fresh install was straight from the zip file with clean database....i will try downloading another zip file and installing it on the test server to see if it is a case of something being corrupted....
tracy
tracy Jan 6 '13
just did a fresh install with new zip file and still the same problem....
tracy
tracy Jan 6 '13
go to www.chagarock.com and try it, it will reproduce for you
tracy
tracy Jan 6 '13
sometimes, i can delete the last embedded video and refresh the page and it will work as it is supposed to, it may even work correctly two or three times in a row, then it reverts back to the same problem again.

tracy
tracy Jan 6 '13
I found the fix.....but i can't find the file that has the css value for   element{height:45px}   that has to do with the newsfeed preview....to fix you change the element to 100% instead of 45px
The Forum post is edited by tracy Jan 6 '13
tracy
tracy Jan 6 '13
if you look in the top right corner where the css is that says element:100%, that is where I changed it....it says inline, but i can't find the file to actually change it.....
Attachments:
  Capture.JPG (70.99Kb)
Pages: 1 2 »