We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

How to Display Google Ads on Top of Page or above it | Forum

Adesida Presegs
Adesida Presegs Dec 31 '12
Hello!  !!I've been able to add/display Google ads to all other pages such as home,dashboard and  Profile of http://2going.com but I'm unable to add it to other pages such as forum,link and other pages

How will I go about this please?
cit27
cit27 Dec 31 '12
sign in as admin
open yoursite/index page...
click customize this page....
drug  the html box to the sidebar (depend on your theme. Can be right sidebar)
put the ads code in the html box
See the result
The Forum post is edited by cit27 Dec 31 '12
Adesida Presegs
Adesida Presegs Jan 1 '13
Quote from cit24 sign in as admin
open yoursite/index page...
click customize this page....
drug  the html box to the sidebar (depend on your theme. Can be right sidebar)
put the ads code in the html box
See the result

I already did that but I'm talking about other pages like forum,events,blog and lots more.
Alia Team
Alia Jan 2 '13
Adesida, I believe that cit24 means that you can customize any page that way: open needed page ( for example needed group page)>>click "customize">>add Custom HTML code widget >>add you google code there.

Another solutions is to upload "Advertisement" plugin which will allow you to add adds to various places on your site ( usually top and button of all pages, and in some themes to the right or left sections).

Again, depending on  your theme you might or might not have a sidebar ( which is visible on all site pages). Graphite+Sidebar theme has this kind of feature. If you add "Custom HTML code" widget to that sidebar it will be visible on all site pages.

Adesida Presegs
Adesida Presegs Jan 2 '13
Quote from Aliia Adesida, I believe that cit24 means that you can customize any page that way: open needed page ( for example needed group page)>>click "customize">>add Custom HTML code widget >>add you google code there.

Another solutions is to upload "Advertisement" plugin which will allow you to add adds to various places on your site ( usually top and button of all pages, and in some themes to the right or left sections).

Again, depending on  your theme you might or might not have a sidebar ( which is visible on all site pages). Graphite+Sidebar theme has this kind of feature. If you add "Custom HTML code" widget to that sidebar it will be visible on all site pages. 

Thanks for your response.I already did that as added the custom html and added my google ads code but   I'm unable to add it forum,event etc top and bottom lines.

I think that it will require site html editting whatsoever before the codes can be added there but how to do  this is the issue of ground now.

I will like to hear from you soon and others that know how to do this...

Roland Mallapre
Roland Mallapre Jan 2 '13
add the code on your themes general.html file. The file is located in ow_themes/your-chosen-theme/master-pages/general.html
Alia Team
Alia Jan 2 '13
Adesida,  Roland's solution will work for you, but in this case ads will be one and the same on all site pages.

If you would like to add different ads on, for example on "Forum" page, you will need to do custom code modification in index.html file of  the "Forum" plugin ( ow_plugins/forum/views/controllers). Same applies to other plugins.

Oxwall doesn't recommend doing any changes within the code. It is better to do this via software settings or plugins. For example, use "Advertisement" plugin.
Adesida Presegs
Adesida Presegs Jan 4 '13
Quote from Roland Mallapre add the code on your themes general.html file. The file is located in ow_themes/your-chosen-theme/master-pages/general.html

I got this code below when I editted the code:

"<div class="ow_header">

<div class="ow_canvas">

<div class="ow_page" style="position:relative;height:105px;">

{component class='BASE_CMP_Console'}

<div class="ow_logo">

<h2><a href="{$siteUrl}">{*$siteName*}</a></h2>

<div class="ow_tagline">{$siteTagline}</div>

</div>

{$main_menu}

</div>

</div>

</div>

<div class="ow_page_container">

<div class="ow_canvas clearfix">

<div class="ow_page clearfix">

<h1 class="ow_stdmargin {$heading_icon_class}">{$heading}</h1>

<div class="ow_content">

{add_content key='base.add_page_top_content'}

{$content}

{add_content key='base.add_page_bottom_content'}

</div>

<div class="ow_sidebar">

{component class="BASE_CMP_Sidebar"}

</div>

</div>

</div>

</div>

<div class="ow_footer">

<div class="ow_canvas">

<div class="ow_page clearfix">

{$bottom_menu}

<div class="ow_copyright">

{text key='base+copyright'}

</div>

<div style="float:right;padding-bottom: 20px;">

{$bottomPoweredByLink}</div>

</div>

</div>

</div>    

{decorator name='floatbox'}"

Where will I put the code?

The Forum post is edited by Adesida Presegs Jan 4 '13
Adesida Presegs
Quote from Aliia Adesida,  Roland's solution will work for you, but in this case ads will be one and the same on all site pages. 
Ok as I want to use 728 banner which means that it will appear on all top pages as I already have 160 skyscrapper on right sidebar.

If you would like to add different ads on, for example on "Forum" page, you will need to do custom code modification in index.html file of  the "Forum" plugin ( ow_plugins/forum/views/controllers). Same applies to other plugins.

Oxwall doesn't recommend doing any changes within the code. It is better to do this via software settings or plugins. For example, use "Advertisement" plugin.
Ok  and can you please give me the link to the "advertisement" plugin.

Adesida Presegs
Thanks to everyone as I've eventually done it using advertisement  plugin.