We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

URGENT: This plugin caused 500 error - Shoutbox | Forum

Lisa
Lisa Jan 2 '13
Tried to activate and update this plugin after upgrading to 1.5 and caused 500 error on my site due to "widget" not found on main page. Need help right away, down time on site!
Lisa
Lisa Jan 3 '13
Resolved.
Donamix
Donamix May 6 '13
Quote from Lisa Resolved.

I am facing this too, how did you resolve it?
JD
JD Jun 26 '13

Why do people bother saying its resolved, and then leave the rest of us guessing? Inconsiderate as far as I'm concerned.

John Michaels
John Michaels Sep 4 '13
This also caused a 500 error in my system , had to restore the whole site from backup !
Not Cool ! I wont be using it again. Guess I can kiss my 10$ goodbye !
Zaph
Zaph Sep 4 '13
Please check your Mailbox
John Michaels
John Michaels Sep 4 '13
Resolved by my server techs , took all day to reset it so it would work. Im not happy about it and will say no more.
The Forum post is edited by John Michaels Sep 4 '13
Zaph
Zaph Sep 4 '13
Could you please share with the error message? There is often a situation when other plugins cause an error. 

To be sure that it was Shoutbox and fix it.

Thanks

Zaph
Zaph Sep 5 '13
New update with several bug fixes.

500 Error was caused when you deactivate and then activate plugin again.

To resolve it please update and activate it again in Admin area.

John Michaels
John Michaels Sep 5 '13
it is working now , Im not going to update and bring my site down all day again. Maybe another time.
Lisa
Lisa Sep 25 '13
Quote from JD

Why do people bother saying its resolved, and then leave the rest of us guessing? Inconsiderate as far as I'm concerned.

To be honest with you... since it was resolved in May and you posted in January - I can't remember how it was resolved. I apologize for not posting the reason at the time - I am still learning. Thanks for your understanding.
Ultras
Ultras Dec 9 '13
I have this problem... i can't post because a friend buy the chat for me, i don't have card paypal..

So, anyone can help me? 

Zaph
Zaph Dec 9 '13
Quote from Ultras I have this problem... i can't post because a friend buy the chat for me, i don't have card paypal..

So, anyone can help me? 

Your error is not related to the Shoutbox plugin, please address this request to the developer of "chatrooms"
You do not have permission to reply this topic