We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Question about programmers' style | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Iren May
Iren May Mar 17 '23

Hi! My question may sound weird. But I am really very interested. What haircuts do men programmers get? Is there any trend?

You think everyone knows that programmers often wear plaid shirts, so I was wondering if there's anything like that with their hairstyles.

Tara Doridy
Tara Doridy Mar 17 '23
Hi there! That's an interesting question. While there isn't necessarily a specific haircut that is common among programmers, there are some classic mens hairstyles that may be popular in the tech industry. For example, the crew cut and the buzz cut are both classic men's hairstyles that are low-maintenance and practical, which may appeal to programmers who want a simple and fuss-free hairstyle. Similarly, the undercut can be a popular choice for men in the tech industry, as it can be styled in a variety of ways and is versatile enough to work with casual or more professional dress codes. While plaid shirts may be a common stereotype, not all programmers dress the same way or have the same hairstyle, as everyone has their own unique tastes and preferences.
Christina Bodnar
Christina Bodnar Mar 18 '23
Hello, girls! Huh, that's a great topic. Of course, you can say that it's all stereotypes about the appearance of programmers. But damn, I recognize a programmer a mile away. I have colleagues at work programmers have different haircuts, but here stubble and beard is a trend among them.
Steve Johnson
Steve Johnson Nov 17 '23
The best short professional hairstyles for guys start with a taper fade or undercut on the sides to create contrast. Ypu can also try viking braids that suit for programmers