We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

BUSINESS FOR SALE | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Clarens Larson
Clarens Larson Mar 21 '23

CHAFFIN'S GARAGE ING. OUR RETAIL SALES ARE OVER $500,000.00/YEAR. WE MANUFACTURE OVER 300 NEW PARTS FOR THE MODEL T FORD, INCLUDING THE RUCKSTELL AXLE, NEW CAMSHAFTS, HIGH VOLUME INTAKE AND EXHAUST MANIFOLDS, RING AND PINION GEARS, ALL OF THE FRONT AND REAR SPRING SHACKLES, CLUTCH SPRING, BOSCH PLATE DISTRIBUTOR, BRASS ROBE RAIL AND THE LIST GOES ON AND ON. WE WHOLESALE TO ALL OF THE OTHER DEALERS. WE HAVE TRIED TO SELL THE BUSINESS AT A LOSS. HAVE HAD LOTS OF INTEREST BUT NO ONE HAS THE MONEY. MY SON MARK WOULD LIKE TO TAKE OVER BUT HE IS HAVING PROBLEMS WITH RETIRING FROM THE SHERIFFS DEPT. SO I AM MAKING ONE LAST REDICULOUS OFFER. WE HAVE ASSETS OF APPROXIMATELLY 1.3 MILLION. WILL SELL EVERYTHING INCLUDING ALL INVENTORY, PATTERNS, CORES, TOOLING AND PRINTS FOR MANUFACTURING OFOUR PARTS FOR $850,000.00. WE HAVE THAT MUCH JUST IN INVENTORY. if THERE IS NO BUYER I WILL JUST WAITE TO SEE WHAT HAPPINS WITH MARK OR THE BUSINES WILL JUST DIE WITH ME

Norman Fallan
Norman Fallan Mar 21 '23
 I thought you sold this to mark
Doral Bares
Doral Bares Mar 21 '23
I stumbled upon your post about your business for sale and I must say, it sounds like an interesting opportunity. I'm sorry to hear that you've had trouble finding a buyer so far. Have you considered seeking the advice of a business broker or consultant? They might be able to assist you with finding a suitable buyer or even help you with negotiating a better deal. It's been four years since you posted this, so I'm not sure if the business is still available for sale. Anyways, best of luck with the sale, and feel free to check out successionresource.com for more information on succession planning and business sales. They can help you sell the business.