We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Great Software ! One SMALL problem | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Mental
Mental Jan 3 '13
First of all I would like to commend the developers on tremendously adaptable software. I found not only did this software support EXACTLY what I wanted from a community ... But it is also very configurable and almost everything I wanted to edit was easily done through the admin menu.

I had looked at Boonex, Joomla, and one other I can't remember. All were installed. But to get them to do what this does out of the box I was spending a bare minimum of another $100. So far I haven' spent anything. Once my community is up and running (making money) I will HAPPILY donate and buy plugins supported here. Seriously, I am fanatically happy :)

My only problem is I want anonymity for my community. I figured out how to delete the real name from signup form and everything but now on blog posts and the like it shows "'s post" with nothing there since I assume it is trying to pull the real name from the database. 

Is there a setting that I missed that will change that to user name being pulled from DB rather than real name. 

* Blog Post

* Newsfeed stating who joined the site

* User section 

Pretty sure there are other areas of the site but I haven't populated it yet so I'm not positive. It works fine with Admin showing Admin's blog post and Admin in users online etc, but not for a user name I signed up with or my first user who signed up today. 

Any advice would be appreciated ! Could very well be something simple I overlooked .. 

Tim
Tim Jan 3 '13

Hello

I do not know if I understood you correctly. You want the user name is displayed instead of the full name?

If yes, go on http://yoursite.com//admin/settings/user and then you have "Show profile names as" menu item must be the change you ...

Alia Team
Alia Jan 4 '13
+1 Tim.

Mental,  you can also just change the name of the "Real Name" question to, for example, "Nickname" or anything else.
Go to yoursitename.com/questions/edit/questionId/104/ >> click on the "Real Name" ( question name will be in blue color) >>change it to whatever you want. This way your users will be entering not their real names, but something else that can be used in other parts of the software like blogs or newsfeed, and at the same time will be anonymous.