We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Sunshade Driver | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Martina Perez
Martina Perez Mar 21 '23
I've read a few topics about the sunroof, but I still have questions. In a number of streams there are no pictures that could help.

When I got my car, the sunroof was faulty and the sun visor was missing. This week I removed the engine cover and found that the engine was disconnected from the mains. I also raised the glass to inspect the components. Everything looks pretty good, even the driver of the sun visor. However, if you look closely, the driver's visor, although not bent and has no visible damage, looks tilted forward and raised from behind. I tried to push it back in from behind, but it won't move. The yellow plastic guide bearings on which the driver rides inside also appear to be damaged. He pushes back with a little effort, but it is difficult for him to move forward. I have attached some photos. Don't you guys think that's inappropriate?

Ultimately, I need to buy a new sun visor and rebuild the driver. What do I need to fix the driver? I read about the updated driver design, but I didn't find a message about its replacement. What I found suggested that this involved removing the headliner and the cassette, which I would prefer not to do.
Jesse Hiserp
Jesse Hiserp Mar 21 '23
I lost mine many years ago, and I want to 3D print it to trial and error for a replacement.
Alex
Alex Mar 21 '23
Sorry to hear about your sunshade driver troubles. It looks like it's not in the right position from the pictures you shared. As for using the sunroof without the sunshade, I'm not sure if that would cause any issues in the long run, but hopefully, someone more knowledgeable can chime in.
Regarding your question about getting a new sunshade and realigning the driver, have you considered getting custom-made sunshades for your car instead? They can provide better coverage and protection for your car's interior while also being tailored to fit perfectly. You might want to check out their website for some options.