We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

How do I find out which version of Oxwall is supported by a plugin? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » Oxwall Store
Aditya
Aditya Jan 3 '13
I was expecting some sort of field to be attached to each plugin declaring which version of Oxwall it's built for.

Can I assume that all plugins in the store will work with the latest version 1.5?

Aditya
Aditya Jan 4 '13
Ah, okay. Thanks for the info. Any ideas on  when you want to strictly implement version checking? Just curious.
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Plugins don't have this check but Themes have.
Den Team
Den Jan 7 '13
Hello guys,

Currently, "version check" isn't supported for plugins and themes. For developers, a good way to highlight 1.5 supporting is to place to same note in item's description. 

Purusothaman Ramanujam

Quote from Paul Cuffe I think it should become standard for the plugin makers to put in the title or very clearly first / 2nd line of description what version it works with

That's not a way a "No.1" social networking script core should handle plugins.
Aditya
Aditya Jan 16 '13
Well, they did indicate they want to do code based checking some time later...
Purusothaman Ramanujam

Quote from Aditya Well, they did indicate they want to do code based checking some time later...

Can you point to me to that "post"?
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Paul :
Quote from Purusothaman Ramanujam That's not a way a "No.1" social networking script core should handle plugins.
:)
Aditya
Aditya Jan 17 '13
I actually could point you to a link where this was but I don't care for your attitude.
Purusothaman Ramanujam

Quote from Aditya I actually could point you to a link where this was but I don't care for your attitude.

Thanks for not caring. I am saved.
Aditya
Aditya Jan 18 '13
It's crazy Paul. I know I saw it somewhere. Now I can't find it because I am looking for it. Murphy's law.

I will probably remember later when I forget this conversation, and I promise to get back here and post a link.

Karen
Karen Jul 11 '13
Yes, there should be a page categorizing each versions of oxwall and their differences. Would be very much useful