We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Facebook contact importer not working... - Contact Importer | Forum

Deepak
Deepak Jan 4 '13
My "Contact Importer" are configured (FB settings "App Id" and "App Secret" are set).

When I click the FB icon I can see all my friends listed. I click on the "invitation button" but no e-mail are sent or no invitations are sent to that friend on facebook. My google app is working fine but need help with facebook..

I am new to oxwall... Can someone help me, what might the problem would be?

Alia Team
Alia Jan 18 '13
Deepak, have you selected needed users before clicking invitation button?
I can not reproduce this issue on my installation. Can you send screen shot of every step you are doing?
atomjani
atomjani Jul 26 '13
My problem is similar. I selected user and not sent email and facebook notification or message.
The google apps is ok.
I attached my facebook apps setting. This is ok?
Attachments:
  aps.jpg (163.57Kb)
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Oct 16 '13
atomjani, if the issue still relevant, you will need to set secure canvas URL as well.
Edson Francis
Edson Francis Nov 28 '13
Quote from Oxwall Software atomjani, if the issue still relevant, you will need to set secure canvas URL as well.

Me also got problem with this. i already insert canvas URL & secure canvas URL. when user click it they got an error. It's say "SSL Error"...before this i got install cloudflare and disable SSL. Whether it is related with that plugin or not...
Eric
Eric Dec 3 '13
This is my first post so I hope I am doing this right. I apologize in advance if I am doing anything incorrectly. I installed the contact importer, activated it, put the keys into the boxes and saved them, and I get this error when i click on the users "dashboard" tab

Fatal error
: Class 'TagsInputField' not found in /home/content/01/8685301/html/buckget.com/ow_plugins/contact_importer/components/email_invite.php on line 46

The error seems to move when I move the contact importer item in the admin user dashboard, but everything else seems to be working fine. I am using version 1.5.1 because the updates haven't worked for 1.5.2 or 1.5.3, but 1.5.1 seems to work fine for now and the contact importer worked at one point. The error goes away when I delete the contact importer. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and started over many times. It worked at one point and I can't tell when it stopped working because I have installed lots of plugins since then. Please help. I feel like the contact importer is a very important component for growth of the community.

Thank you,
Eric
Eric
Eric Dec 5 '13
I got another similar issue for the blog reported by a member of BuckGet.com...I will post it there as well, but it is:

Fatal error: Class 'TagsInputField' not found in /home/content/01/8685301/html/buckget.com/ow_plugins/blogs/controllers/save.php on line 260 - See more at: http://buckget.com/blogs/post/4427#sthash.sBsxlG5j.dpuf

Please help,

Thank you,

Eric

Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Dec 19 '13
Further discussion with Eric here: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/12296

Issue was caused by mismatching versions of core and plugins.
The Forum post is edited by Oxwall Software Dec 19 '13
Julius
Julius Sep 21 '14
Hello, Was the problem solved? I also have the same problem. I have set my contact importer correctly but the invitations still cannot be sent. 

Please Help. Thanks.

Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Sep 24 '14
Please provide a screenshot of the error and screenshot of your FB settings page.
Rob
Rob Oct 4 '14
There is absolutely no response / reaction after clicking the facebook button.
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Oct 7 '14
Please provide a screenshot of your FB settings page.
Morena Milani
Morena Milani Oct 20 '14
To me it still gives me contact importer needs to be configured but I put the keys etc.. Facebook connect works well I registered with my facebook profile. my site is ssl certificate
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Oct 20 '14
What is the error you get when you try Google importer?
Rob
Rob Oct 28 '14
On the facebook link provides absolutely no response, Google link works normally as well the e-mail link. Only Facebook reacts totally, no error message NOTHING.!
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Oct 29 '14
share your URL daydreams
Rob
Rob Oct 30 '14
The solution implemented, but the website was then no longer accessible. Had to restore a backup again to get the website working. Updating the platform and plugins, often cause problems.
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Nov 3 '14
Daydreams, is your problem related to the FB contact importer solved or not?

If you have problems with updating, please post a request in the forum.
The Forum post is edited by Oxwall Software Nov 3 '14
Pages: 1 2 »
You do not have permission to reply this topic