We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Changed servers, now plugin problems | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Dustin
Dustin Mar 2 '11
I changed from shared hosting to a dedicated server with 1and1. The website is working great but now when I try to install new plugins it doesn't apply the languages correctly. Here is a screenshot of the oc_slider plugin. It does this with every plugin like facebook and birthday. I have chmod 777 to almost every dang file and folder on my server. Can someone please help? Thanks
Attachments:
  plugin.jpg (82.47Kb)
Den Team
Den Mar 3 '11
check that you have recursive chmod 777 for these fodlers:
- ow_userfiles
- ow_pluginfiles
Dustin
Dustin Mar 3 '11
Thanks for the quick reply. I am 100% sure that I have chmod 777 for these folders and everything inside of them. Is there any other files that has to do with the language when you install a plugin? It appears the plugin works but it just doesn't import the language properly.
Dustin
Dustin Mar 3 '11
OK. Set safe mode off in php.ini file but when I ran info.php it said the Local safe mode was on. I noticed this when I decided to do a fresh install and it informed me that safe mode was on. So after a ton of researching, I found the setting in Plesk. Using Linux dedicated server with 1and1.

Working beautifully now…
Den Team
Den Mar 9 '11
Good :)