We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Climate change is serious | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Martina Perez
Martina Perez Apr 6 '23

telegraph.co.uk/columnists/2022/11/08/cop27-dont-owe-developing-countries-climate-reparations-owe/

I thought this was an interesting to see come out of cop27 and found the below quite amusing if not the seriousness. I bit like the Pacific Island countries putting the squeeze on Australia over climate and then running to China who emits more carbon every 16 days than Australia does in a year

Norman Fallan
Norman Fallan Apr 6 '23
I'm not saying I necessarily even support climate reparations - I think we're better off trying to solve the issue with a Moonshot style program involving all developed and developing countries that are willing to participate.
LucioGarvey
LucioGarvey Apr 6 '23
Hey there, I completely agree that climate change is a serious issue and we need to start taking action. While the topic of reparations can be debated, I think it's important to focus on solutions that can make a positive impact. Speaking of which, I recently discovered some helpful info on how to reduce the environmental impact of traveling, specifically through aviation offsets. It's a small step, but every little bit helps in the fight against climate change. As a newcomer to this forum, I'm excited to learn more about how we can work together to create a sustainable future for all.
The Forum post is edited by LucioGarvey Apr 6 '23