We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

quadruped dragon reference | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Martina Perez
Martina Perez Apr 12 '23
TL;DR Hiring for reference of quadruped western dragon. Customer needs some design help on colors and some details.

I need some art for a quadruped, western style, colorful dragon. I don’t have existing art, aside from a simple headshot sketch to work off of, so I am looking for someone with a bit of experience with dragons to collaborate with on some of the finer details of the character. I am flexible on paying for additional sketches depending on how much or little we need to toss around to work out a final design.

I’d ultimately like to get a 2-3 pose reference for this character, but I also need a size reference built in, or as its own sheet if the main ref is too crowded. I figure a simple silhouette style size reference would be easy enough to bake into a corner of a sheet, but we can discuss the details of that. The main sheet would ideally contain:

Standard full body side shot. A view from above with one wing folded, one wing spread.
Hauwa Usman
Hauwa Usman Apr 12 '23
I know this thread is a little old but I'm also down to do some additional sketches if needed. We can make sure we get everything perfect before we create the final 2-3 pose reference for your dragon. And of course, we'll make sure to include a size reference that fits perfectly on the sheet, so you can get the full scope of your dragon's magnificence.
I took a look at https://dragon-vibe.com/ website, and they have some seriously amazing inspiration for dragon art. We can definitely draw from their site to make sure your dragon is fierce, vibrant, and totally dragon-lights-worthy!
Let's chat more about your ideas and how we can bring your dragon to life.