We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Invalid FTP attributes! Provided user doesn't have permissions to overwrite files. | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Murat Selim Ozturk
Murat Selim Ozturk Jan 8 '13
Hello all,

It is really disturbing that after I have done a manual upgrade I am still stuck with this error... 

My version is 1.5, and I can login to this ftp with any ftp client and I can delete or update any file with the same credentials I enter to oxwall update screen. 

From the server logs I see that login is successful. But it just does not like something... 

I need some urgent help please... 

Purusothaman Ramanujam
This is a frequent issue with Oxwall and there is no known solution for this. Its only for few FTP works with Oxwall.
Murat Selim Ozturk
I have tried installing pro-ftpd and warftpd and various other ftp servers... None of them worked... Do you know any FTP server which works with oxwall?
Murat Selim Ozturk
As a workaround is there a way to manually upgrade each of the 15 plugins then?

Ronnel DC
Ronnel DC Jan 8 '13
Hello Murat Selim Ozturk :
Yes there is a manual method.

Go to oxwall store, search for the plugin you wish to update.
and then dowload it.
Go to filezilla or any other client to connect to your ftp server, Navigate to the folder ow_plugins and extract the zip archives files there.

Lastly go to the admin panel and click update plugins :)

Cheers,
Ronnel
Purusothaman Ramanujam

Quote from Murat Selim Ozturk  Do you know any FTP server which works with oxwall?
You mean ftp clients to access ftp?  Verify your ftp details.
Murat Selim Ozturk
Murat Selim Ozturk Jan 13 '13
Hi guys,

After my trial to manually update the plugins here is what I get now:

My web site does not work:

OW Debug - ExceptionMessage:There is no form with name `user_settings_form` !File:/var/www/buces.org/ow_smarty/plugin/block.form.phpLine:45Trace:#0 /var/www/buces.org/ow_smarty/template_c/6774154438dbeb5b2206d68ffe6b55ce896c4176.file.toolbar.html.php(58): smarty_block_form(Array, NULL, Object(Smarty_Internal_Template), true) #1 /var/www/buces.org/ow_libraries/smarty3/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php(180): content_50f286e1766cf7_84030129(Object(Smarty_Internal_Template)) #2 /var/www/buces.org/ow_core/view_renderer.php(101): Smarty_Internal_TemplateBase->fetch('/var/www/buces....') #3 /var/www/buces.org/ow_core/renderable.php(263): OW_ViewRenderer->renderTemplate('/var/www/buces....') #4 /var/www/buces.org/ow_core/component.php(80): OW_Renderable->render() #5 /var/www/buces.org/ow_plugins/ajaxim/components/toolbar.php(132): OW_Component->render() #6 /var/www/buces.org/ow_plugins/ajaxim/init.php(70): AJAXIM_CMP_Toolbar->render() #7 [internal function]: ajaxim_plugin_init(Object(OW_Event)) #8 /var/www/buces.org/ow_core/event_manager.php(188): call_user_func('ajaxim_plugin_i...', Object(OW_Event)) #9 /var/www/buces.org/ow_core/application.php(348): OW_EventManager->trigger(Object(OW_Event)) #10 /var/www/buces.org/index.php(76): OW_Application->finalize() #11 {main}Type:InvalidArgumentException

Murat Selim Ozturk
Murat Selim Ozturk Jan 13 '13
I managed to get it back to working, and did a manual upgrade of all plugins...

Ftp still does not work... 

Murat Selim Ozturk
Murat Selim Ozturk Jan 17 '13
I have manually upgraded to 1.5.1 today... But this FTP issue still does not work...

What is it guys? Did oxwall code become too big to manage? Can it be this difficult so that this problem stays for whole generation of the code?

Ronnel DC
Ronnel DC Jan 17 '13
Still no update.

Oxwall will be so much Useful if they can fix this, before adding some new features.

FaceTester Leader
FaceTester Jan 17 '13
have you a ssh-terminal (putty) login for your webspace ?
sounds like different UUID configuration between FTP uploads and Webserver permissions.

e.g. the PHP-FTP Upload script have other permission on the webspace as the upload via FTP-Client with User-Permission.

i have problem to explain that in understanding english, hope another user here knows what i mean and can give better information.

greets
FaceT
Purusothaman Ramanujam
FaceTester,

Hope I can provide you with more information on this.

My server (cpanel) supports only ftps login for more security. My FTP login works with any FTP app like CuteFTP and FileZilla. But Oxwall does not have support for FTPS and supports only FTP.

For me, I feel this is the only reason for many.
Ronnel DC
Ronnel DC Jan 18 '13
Purusothaman Ramanujam me too Buddy!
my hosting only provides FTPS or SFTP

maybe adding this type of connection will solve the problem :D
FaceTester Leader
FaceTester Jan 18 '13
for SFTP/FTPS test the SFTP-Port (22) in the oxwall-FTP-Interface for upload.

in the /ow_utilities/ftp.php are the action-comments for the oxwall-FTP-Interface, there you can change the main Port 21 to port that you will use. (near line #123 and #168)

Please check via PHPINFO if the PHP-FTP enable

Ronnel DC
Ronnel DC Jan 18 '13
Okay i will try that. now
Ronnel DC
Ronnel DC Jan 18 '13
Not working also. hmmmm :(
Dawn
Dawn Jan 23 '13
I'm also having the same issue, I wish someone would resolve this, it's a major drawback.
Murat Selim Ozturk
Murat Selim Ozturk Jan 27 '13
Quote from FaceTester have you a ssh-terminal (putty) login for your webspace ?
sounds like different UUID configuration between FTP uploads and Webserver permissions.

e.g. the PHP-FTP Upload script have other permission on the webspace as the upload via FTP-Client with User-Permission.

i have problem to explain that in understanding english, hope another user here knows what i mean and can give better information.

greets
FaceT

Hi there,

When I login via ftp and create a file or upload something it creates with the same user/group permissions that are in the directory already.

So there is no difference between ftp login and shell login.

Alia Team
Alia Jan 28 '13
Guys, we didn't fix this issue, since until now were were not able to reproduce it.
If anybody with the FTP issue, could provide us with access details to their servers we would be glad to check and find the root of this problem.
Felipe Lopez
Felipe Lopez Feb 13 '13
In another thread someone posted information as to the path to the root directory being incorrect. (In his case /var/www became /var/www/var/) This seems to be a very common problem. How about changing the error message so it includes the path that was being attempted?
Pages: 1 2 »