We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Editing Language ERRORS | Forum

Brother Andrew
Brother Andrew Jan 8 '13
Who Here ALSO Has Issues With Editing Some Of The Pages In The Admin Language Edit Area.  Pages 19, 47 & MANY Others Give An ERROR When Saving Changes.  However, MOST Of The Language Pages Save WITHOUT An ERROR.  At Least For Me That Is.  :--)
Alia Team
Alia Jan 10 '13
Brother,
- which error appears? Can you provide a screen shot?
- which phrase did you edit before saving?

Brother Andrew
Brother Andrew Jan 11 '13
I'll Do It Again & Get BACK To U.  :--)
Brother Andrew
Brother Andrew Jan 11 '13
I Went To Language Page 19 & TESTED Saving It With NO Changes, and It Gives The SAME ERROR As If I Made Any Changes.

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /ValuedMembers/admin/languages on this server.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Alia Team
Alia Jan 18 '13
Brother, that is strange.
Can you check whether you have 777 permissions for the ow_pluginfiles/admin/languages  folder?

Also you will need to check the error log on your server. Does it contain anything related to the issues with "Languages" folder?

Let me know the results.
Brother Andrew
Brother Andrew Jan 19 '13
I'll Do That When I Can.  :--)
Brother Andrew
Brother Andrew Jan 20 '13
The File Permission Is 0777.  ALL Of My Permissions Have A (0) At The Start.   I DON'T Remember Seeing (0) To Start Permissions, Until Recently.  DIDN'T See Any Info About This In The ERROR LOG.  :--)

Also, LATEST UPDATE NOT Yet In My Admin Panel.  :--)
Brother Andrew
Brother Andrew Jan 23 '13
The Below Directories Are ALL EMPTY.  Is That How They Should Be?  :--)

( /ow_pluginfiles/admin/languages/export )

( /ow_pluginfiles/admin/languages/import )

( /ow_pluginfiles/admin/languages/tmp )
Brother Andrew
Brother Andrew Jan 23 '13
Where Can I Go In cPanel To EDIT The Lang Files?  That Would Be MUCH QUICKER With What's Going On Here.  :--)
Brother Andrew
Brother Andrew Jan 30 '13
I'm Currently NOT Sure How To Answer You Any Better?  :--)
Alia Team
Alia Jan 31 '13
Brother, can you PM me FTP and admin access details?
Brother Andrew
Brother Andrew Feb 1 '13
OK  :--)
Alia Team
Alia Feb 5 '13
Brother developers are checking the issue. I will keep you posted.
Brother Andrew
Brother Andrew Feb 5 '13
OK - Also UNABLE TO CONNECT TO INSTANT CHAT.  That Happens For Me & My Beloved Friend.  I've NEVER Seen That Until NOW.  And Instant Chat Says Last Message Sent 2 Hours Ago, Etc., Instead Of 1 Or 2 Minutes Ago.  :--)
Alia Team
Alia Feb 6 '13
Brother developer checked the script.
On the page 19-20-21-22 and may be some others ( we didn't check  them all), for some reason system basically sends the request to the server to pull the data, but server is not returning anything back. We were not able to get to the real error ( it is possible only if the server returns the response back). All available error logs are empty, so we didn't find anything there as well.

Can you contact your hosting company, show them this error and ask whether it is possible to track back why server is not returning the response?

Regarding chat, have you set CRON?

Brother Andrew
Brother Andrew Feb 6 '13
I HAVEN'T Dealt With CRON In Awhile.  Please Remind Me What To Do With CRON.  I Just TESTED Tiny Chat, and It's OK Again Today.

How About Version 1.5.1 Update Button NOT Showing Up In My Admin Area?  A New Donate Button Shows Up.  :--)
Brother Andrew
Brother Andrew Feb 9 '13
The LANGUAGE ERROR ISSUE Is Being Looked Into.  I Was Told That It's FIXED, However, After Cleaning Out Cache, It WASN'T Fixed On My End.  Now They Are LOGGING IN To TEST IT.

I Did A TEST INSTALL On The SAME SERVER, And SAME ISSUE.  And A TEST On ANOTHER SERVER Had NO ISSUES.  :--)
Brother Andrew
Brother Andrew Feb 12 '13
The LANGUAGE EDIT Issue Is FIXED!  I STILL DESIRE To Have The 1.5.1 INSTALL BUTTON Show Up In My Admin Panel!  It's Been WEEKS Since 1.5.1 Was Released.  :--)
Alia Team
Alia Feb 12 '13

>>Remind Me What To Do With CRON.  I Just TESTED Tiny Chat, and It's OK Again Today.
How About Version 1.5.1 Update Button NOT Showing Up In My Admin Area?  A New Donate Button Shows Up.  :--)

Cron set up instructions: http://docs.oxwall.org/install:cron

Donate button is not connected to CRON, so the fact that it is there doesn't mean that CRON is working.

Brother Andrew
Brother Andrew Feb 13 '13
CRON Was Fine For Awhile!  How Could It Have Gone Bad?  Today, I Plan To Check Out The CRON With A Friend.  :--)
Pages: 1 2 »