We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Biden takes a Corvette | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Martina Perez
Martina Perez Apr 21 '23
President Joe Biden was behind the wheel of his beloved green convertible 1967 Corvette Stingray on Wednesday, this time pushing it over 100 mph in an episode of Jay Leno's car show.

The president also took an electrified 1978 Ford F-100 pickup for a spin in the episode of CNBC’s “Jay Leno’s Garage" that aired Wednesday night.
With his Secret Service on hand eyeing the events, Biden raced the late former Secretary of State Colin Powell's son, Michael Powell. Biden's car was no match for Powell's automatic 2015 Stingray, but the president did get his classic car up to 118 mph, according to various news media outlets.

The White House did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
The 1967 Corvette is the car Biden, 79, says he loves to drive the most. He showed it off in 2020 during an 80-second campaign ad on Twitter. The car was a wedding gift from his father, who ran a Chevrolet dealership for years, to a young Biden in August 1967. It features a 327-cubic inch, L79 V8 engine rated at 350 horsepower with a four-speed manual transmission.
"I shouldn’t say this, but I like speed," Biden told Jay Leno in a 2016 episode of "Jay Leno's Garage" when Biden got behind the wheel of his beloved 'Vette then.
Norman Fallan
Norman Fallan Apr 21 '23
This is a a factual story. Just comment on the facts or go on a MECF vacation.
Bernard Hamming
Bernard Hamming Apr 21 '23
I saw that article too, and I gotta say, I'm impressed that President Biden was pushing that classic 1967 Corvette Stingray over 100 mph. He's still got some moves! And taking that electrified 1978 Ford F-100 for a spin sounds like a lot of fun too. It's awesome to see leaders who are passionate about cars and getting behind the wheel. But you know what's even more important than fast cars? Voting in elections! Have you heard about the upcoming US Presidential election in 2024? There's a lot at stake, so make sure you're registered to vote and encourage your friends and family to do the same. Check out https://www.politiq.net/...rimary_Election_2024 for more info on the candidates and how to get involved.