We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Blog Draft Problem | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Nirmalya Ghosh
Nirmalya Ghosh Jan 9 '13
Howdy everyone,

I wanted to know how can I load the blogs which I saved as drafts.

Thanks.

Alia Team
Alia Jan 9 '13
Nirmalya, here is the path: user dashboard> "Quick Links" widget> My blogs> click on the number next to "My Blogs" line. URL: yoursitename.com/blogs/my-drafts
Nirmalya Ghosh
Nirmalya Ghosh Jan 9 '13
This was a bug in the previous build. Wasn't this fixed it?

I totally understand the shortage of time for you guys but this might be a problem for the users.

Thank you.

Alia Team
Alia Jan 10 '13
Nirmalya, in previous version if you didn't have any published blogs before saving the first draft, this draft wasn't visible anywhere. This was fixed in 1.5 . Now when you click on the number next to 'My Blog' you get to the "My Drafts" page.

tracy
tracy Jan 10 '13
I don't see anyway to get to "manage my blogs" how do you do it?
tracy
tracy Jan 10 '13
I followed the url path that you wrote and was able to get to the drafts page, but i'm afraid this is going to be a nightmare for any users that will inhabit the site.....there is no clear link to this page from a user standpoint.....i can't even see a "my blogs" anywhere on the site.
The Forum post is edited by tracy Jan 10 '13
tracy
tracy Jan 10 '13
okay, i found it....this is the stupidest thing i've ever seen....there is no possible way that any users would EVER find the "my blogs" page, unless they ACCIDENTALLY clicked on the number....I'm actually ashamed of oxwall for even doing something that sub par......even on a free script.....it's just a shame

cit27
cit27 Jan 10 '13
Yes... this is not good link..
Temporary solution is to create a link on the user profile page or user dashboard

Published Posts
Drafts
Incoming Comments

The Forum post is edited by cit27 Jan 10 '13
tracy
tracy Jan 10 '13
I have no clue as to how to do that haha....
tracy
tracy Jan 10 '13
I'm flabbergasted at how utterly senseless this is....it would only take two seconds for them to add a url to manage blogs....one that would be easily seen....i can see the html in firebug but firebug doesn't tell me the location of the code...like down at the bottom of the blogs window in main......it would be simple if i could just find that page where the code is
cit27
cit27 Jan 10 '13

yoursite/admin/user-dashboard
drag custom text/html and create 3 links point to:
Published Posts
Drafts
Incoming Comments
cit27
cit27 Jan 10 '13
Only a temporary solution, and it can help users
<div style="text-align:center;"><a href="YOURSITE/blogs/my-published-posts"><i><b>My Published Posts</b></i></a> | <a href="YOURSITE/blogs/my-drafts"><i><b>My Drafts</b></i></a> | <a href="YOURSITE/blogs/my-incoming-comments"><i><b>My Incoming Comments</b></i></a></div>
tracy
tracy Jan 10 '13
thank you so much for your help!!! :)
tracy
tracy Jan 10 '13
I added a link to "manage my blog" to the welcome window on the dashboard too.....
tracy
tracy Jan 10 '13
haaaaaa, i did even better!!!!!!!! copy paste this code into your html widget, and get the results in the image i attatched.......

<div class="ow_content_menu li;" style="text-align:center;"><ul class="ow_content_menu clearfix"><li><a href="http://www.YOURSITE.com/blogs/my-published-posts"><i><b>My Blog Posts</b></i></a></li>  <li><a href="http://www.YOURSITE.com/blogs/my-drafts"><i><b>My Blog Drafts</b></i></a> </li> <li><a href="http://www.YOURSITE.com/blogs/my-incoming-comments"><i><b>My Incoming Comments</b></i></a></li></ul></div>

I pulled out the little spacer bars, so those two don't show up on the page any longer....
tracy
tracy Jan 10 '13
these are the links i created on the dashboard page ^^^^^^^ that way they don't just look like blue, boring, plain links at the top of the page.

tracy
tracy Jan 10 '13
tracy
tracy Jan 10 '13
oops, never mind, this only works if you have an image set up for your links....sorry, i was all excited for a moment haha......you would have to call an image in your base.css in your theme folder under .ow_content_menu li
cit27
cit27 Jan 10 '13
you can also use the button link other than using a text link...
you can be creative with what you like best...
Success....
cit27
cit27 Jan 10 '13
you can also try the following code in theuser dashboard

<style>.sidemenu3 {
width: 150px;
background: #eee;
}

.menu4 ul {
list-style: none;
margin: 0;
padding: 0;
}

.menu4 a, .menu4 h2 {
font: bold 11px/16px arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
display: block;
border-width: 1px;
border-style: solid;
border-color: transparent;
margin: 0;
padding: 2px 3px;
}

.menu4 h2 {
color: #fff;
background-image: none;
background: #DDEBEB ;/*Changes color of the top blocks background*/
text-transform: uppercase;
}

.menu4 h2:hover {
color: .a00;
background: #92A7C2 ; /*Changes color of the top hover blocks background*/
}

.menu4 a {
color: #000;
background: #B6D0F2 ; /*Changes color of the drop down blocks background*/
text-decoration: none;
}

.menu4 a:hover {
color: #a00;
background: #92A7C2 ;/*Changes color of the drop down hover blocks background*/
}

.menu4 ul ul ul {
position: absolute;
top: 0;
left: 0;
}

.menu4 li {position: relative;}

.menu4 ul ul ul {
position: absolute;
top: 0;
left: 100%;
width: 100%;
}

div.menu4 ul ul ul
{display: none;}

div.menu4 ul ul li:hover ul
{display: block;}

div.menu4 ul ul ul,
div.menu4 ul ul li:hover ul ul

div.menu4 ul ul li:hover ul

div.menu4 ul ul ul,
div.menu4 ul ul li:hover ul ul

div.menu4 ul ul li:hover ul,
div.menu4 ul ul ul li:hover ul

.menu4 ul li {float: left; width: 100%;}
.menu4 ul li a {height: 1%;}

.menu4 a, .menu4 h2 {
font: bold 11px/16px arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
}

/* All Links below */
</style>

<div class="sidemenu3"><div><center><table width="110%"><td><style media="all" type="text/css">@import "/menu/menu_style.css";</style>
<div class="menu4"><ul><li><h2 align="center"><font face="Eras Bold ITC" color="#800000">Manage My Blogs</font></h2>
 <ul><li><i><b><a href="blogs/my-published-posts"><font color="#800000">My Blogs</font></a><font color="#800000"></font>
 </b>
 </i>
 <ul><li><i><b><a href="blogs/my-published-posts"><font color="#800000">My Blog Posts</font></a></b></i></li>
 <li><i><b><a href="blogs/my-drafts"><font color="#800000">My Blog Drafts</font></a></b></i></li>
 <li><i><b><a href="blogs/my-incoming-comments"><font color="#800000">My Blog Comments</font> </a></b>

</i>
 </li>
</ul>
 </li></ul>
</li></ul>
</div></td>
</table></center>
</div></div>

Display the dropdown Menus

The Forum post is edited by cit27 Jan 10 '13
Pages: 1 2 »