We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Oxwall on mobile phones | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Marvin
Marvin Mar 5 '11
Hey, is there any way to use Oxwall on mobile phones (Like Windows Mobile, Android, etc.) ?
Not Like on PC so in mobile size, etc.

Den Team
Den Mar 9 '11
Yes, theoretically you can use it on mobile devices such as iphone, windows mobile and etc. Oxwall will work on all phones which are support IE/Mozilla/Safary browsers.
But note, that we didn't test it specially.
The Forum post is edited by Den Mar 9 '11
Michael Leader
Michael Mar 9 '11
My site works fine for iphone. I would love a plugin/theme that rehashes the site for mobile devices displaying the important bits, a bit like what wordpress does… But then, that is a blog site, mine is a social one.

Emil Team
Emil Mar 10 '11
We are going to do serious work for mobile support this year. Please watch news, we will announce our plans once the strategy is fully laid out.
Unique
Unique Apr 17 '11
thank you very much Team, mobile version with no js and no ajax, only xhtml hehe ^^
ma3ih Club
ma3ih Apr 19 '11
i just hope next update and update's Come soon and sooner
make oxwall number 1
Gregory
Gregory May 2 '11
agreed...need this asap...i would like it to be easy for users to post Updates and to the forum easily...as well as comment.
Crystal
Crystal Aug 17 '11
Hi

I have a question from a member on my site. Can instant messages be accessed by cell phone?
Den Team
Den Aug 20 '11
Sure, we are working on it :)
Michael Leader
Michael Aug 25 '11

Quote from Michael My site works fine for iphone. I would love a plugin/theme that rehashes the site for mobile devices displaying the important bits, a bit like what wordpress does… But then, that is a blog site, mine is a social one.

we seem to have gone a bit backwards.  Text inputting (so far) doesn't seem to be working on iphone.  It dod before but since the new editor it has died.  Don't know if it is jquery causing it or not...
Dantes
Dantes Aug 26 '11
the new text editor disable the text input in smartphones and iphones
one little trick
go to any where you can post
click it
click on the video icon
insert text where embed code can input
accept
accept
voila!
job done :P
Nicholas Anderson
Nicholas Anderson Sep 25 '11
Yes, I tried and Instant Chat works great!
Quote from Crystal Hi

I have a question from a member on my site. Can instant messages be accessed by cell phone?

Botond
Botond Nov 23 '11
dose it work on symbian like nokia n8?
Den Team
Den Nov 25 '11
Topic was moved from Core.
Gerald Rusche
Gerald Rusche Nov 27 '11

Quote from Dantes ...
click on the video icon
insert text where embed code can input
accept
accept
voila!
job done :P
Come on, be serious. I would like to get a community for everyone. Not only for  web and computer nerds like us. And where should i tell the mobile users that they have to "code" instead of writing? ;-) Without a mobile template i am even not able make shure they realize this hint.

Mobile is grewing as fast, in 2012 no one who whants to make busines on or with web can abandon mobile solutions. Or do we have to wait until wordpress will offer great community solutions also? Even Oxwall uses a mobile template in its own (Wordpress)Blog. But a mobile Template need allwas a alternative for navigation. And thats core, not only css, and as far i know, this can't be done with plug ins.
Michael I.
Michael I. Nov 28 '11
Hi Gerald, we understand that mobile version is very important for a modern website and our team will develop it and add into Oxwall as soon as possible.
Gerald Rusche
Gerald Rusche Nov 28 '11
Hi aka_le_Mulder, will be great! And if you will develop as fast as your whole system i know it will be soon. Btw is tried 3/4 year to get some stuff working like social engine and some other scripts. They all offer a lot, much more then oxwall today. But non of the systems work complete or even in important parts on servers that can be paid. And as i read your system is one year old, i decided to start with oxwall instead of waiting for more bug's.

Install and configuration of oxwall took less time then reading the "how to install" on some other systems. Great job!!! Please keep your ambition.
Arthur
Arthur Dec 6 '11
Yeah guys, you really have to work on a mobile version of oxwall. Where i come from most users dont own personal computers, they are mostly mobile users, it would really be helpful for them to have something as interesting as oxwall brought onto their mobile phones.

I hope this will be implemented soonest.
Michael I.
Michael I. Dec 6 '11
Most of the modern mobile browsers display Oxwall sites properly. And of course our team will develop a mobile edition soon because it is really important for a modern Internet users.
Michael Leader
Michael Dec 6 '11
A quicker solution to this would be to develop a RSS feed plugin that would get important site  updates to any rss reader...
Pages: 1 2 »
This topic is locked