We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

10 simple e-commerce marketing tips to boost sales | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Martina Perez
Martina Perez May 5 '23

Congratulations! You've finally opened the e-commerce store you've been thinking about for a long time. I hope it wasn't too difficult. Even if that were the case, the effort will fully pay off when you start to see some orders coming in.

Now that the store is up and running, let's look at some marketing tips that you can apply to increase sales.

1. Avoid leaving the trolley unattended

If you've ever shopped online, you may have added an item to your cart, but then decided not to purchase it. This is known as cart abandonment.

How to Deal with Cart Rejection:

Build Trust — It is not always convenient for web users to provide credit card information online. Increase conversion by building trust. For example, show several security compliance icons to convince users of the security of transactions.

Offer discounted or free shipping — customers will be shocked to see how much the cost of shipping their order will increase. Avoid this by offering discounted promotions or free shipping.

Simplify the ordering process — online buyers have little attention, and they will abandon the ordering process if it is too complicated or time-consuming. Avoid this by making the checkout process as simple and painless as possible — from the shopping cart to the delivery address on the payment page. Don't be tempted to include anything that disrupts this flow.

Turn browsers into buyers — many users who add products to the cart, but do not complete the purchase, just browse pages with a low intention to make a purchase. Encourage these users to make purchases immediately by offering limited-time promotions.

Offer popular payment methods — customers often have strict payment preferences and make a purchase only if their preferred method is specified. Reduce this problem by offering the most popular payment methods for your target audience.

2. Attract visitors with content marketing

Smart, memorable phrases on the store's pages can push site visitors to buy. So how do you attract visitors to your site in the first place? While paid advertising, social media posts, event sponsorship and brochures can work, nothing generates traffic like awesome SEO.

Optimizing your content for SEO increases the likelihood that search engines will show your site as the first result when someone searches for the type of product you sell. It's free, useful and easy to do.

First, choose the right keywords and phrases (long-tailed keywords) for your business. Think, "If I were looking for this product, what search phrases would I use on Google?" Then start writing relevant content using them, perhaps in the form of informative blogs like this ;). The goal is not to tell about your product. No one wants to feel like they are being sold something. Building trust through quality analysis will increase the likelihood that a customer will make a purchase from you.

When you have about 40-50 blogs, you should start seeing some organic traffic on your site. But don't stop there. Share your blog on social networks. Put it everywhere. Tag people if you want, but don't send them spam. This is the last thing you should do in marketing.

Norman Fallan
Norman Fallan May 5 '23
Thank you for sharing such insightful and helpful tips on e-commerce marketing.
Jeremy Blake
Jeremy Blake May 5 '23
I came across this post and saw your post about e-commerce marketing tips. Those are some great tips you shared for boosting sales. I especially like the one about avoiding cart abandonment, that's a huge issue for a lot of online stores.
Have you considered using a shipping rules and restrictions app like calcurates.com to help with tip #2 (Offer discounted or free shipping)? It can help you set up shipping rules based on your customers' locations, order values, and shipping methods, so you can offer discounted or free shipping without breaking the bank. In any case, I hope your e-commerce store is doing well and that you're seeing some orders come through.
The Forum post is edited by Jeremy Blake May 5 '23
rfy2222
rfy2222 May 5 '23
Nice post! This is a very nice blog that I will definitively come back to more times this year! Thanks for informative post. business mortgage rates
rfy2222
rfy2222 May 11 '23
Very informative post! There is a lot of information here that can help any business get started with a successful social networking campaign. mortgage calculator uae
rfy2222
rfy2222 May 11 '23
I wanted to thank you for this excellent read!! I definitely loved every little bit of it. I have you bookmarked your site to check out the new stuff you post. dubai mortgage for non residents