We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Oxwall on Orchestra PHP | Forum

Jason
Jason Jan 10 '13
We currently have all of our apps hosted with Engineyard and Orchestra PHP. We would like to get Oxwall up and running however OrchestraPHP is based on a pure Nginx setup and doesn't allow mod_rewrite. What can we do to get past this or what would we have to edit for the software to work properly without this? With as popular as Nginx is becoming surely the Oxwall devs are looking at or have a solution??
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Oxwall supports Nginx. So there should be a way for this.
Jason
Jason Jan 12 '13
I've seen it where Oxwall can be ran when Nginx is basically acting as a proxy for Apache but this isn't going to suit my needs. I need to know if Oxwall can be used with NGinx when Mod_Rewrite cannot be enabled and if there is a work around for this.
Alia Team
Alia Jan 13 '13
Jason, Oxwall can not be used without mod_rewrite.

Using nginx you can connect mod_rewrite module in nginx's settings and convert all Appache mod_rewrite rules in Oxwall's .htaccess file into nginx mod_rewrite format.

Jason
Jason Jan 14 '13
Thanks Aliia, that was the answer I was looking for. EngineYard gives instructions on the formatting they used to rewreite URL's using Nginx so I'll look in to doing this.