We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Stupid Lawyer Stories! | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
John
John May 11 '23
Did you hear about the stupid lawyer that became governor and then started promoting a lifesaving COVID-19 antibody treatment that is linked to millions of dollars in campaign donations he received from an investor in the company that manufactures the drugs???

You see, this is not a democrat governor, so he should know that he cannot get away with stuff like this and this may very well bring him down eventually - even possibly bring criminal chargers against him because they despise repub governors.

They though this governor was smart, but turns out after seeing this - not so much, otherwise he would not be dong things that suggest the possibility of pay for play which is what some in the news media are investigating against him now.
Olli Stor
Olli Stor May 11 '23
Just so we're clear on your position here...  A company donates to a governor's campaign. A pandemic hits the United States. The company produces a treatment for early illness. Hospitals report that patients do not know of this treatment option, or that it's free to them. The governor of a state with a large retiree population hears of this from the hospitals. And he's supposed to sit on the information so that he doesn't give the appearance of impropriety while citizens of his state, who could have benefited from this treatment, die?  Do I have that right? That's what you would have preferred he do? If I'm misrepresenting anything, please correct me.
Olli Stor
Olli Stor May 11 '23
It's not surprising that there are some questionable practices going on in the legal profession. I've had some personal experiences dealing with lawyers myself, and finding a good one can be a real challenge. Recently, I discovered nc workers comp attorney, which might be helpful for anyone in need of legal assistance. I checked out their website, oxnerpermarlaw.com, and found it really informative. They seem to have a lot of experience in the field and offer a wide range of services. Have you or anyone you know ever used them before? Let me know if you have any other recommendations for good lawyers. It's always good to have a few trustworthy options on hand.
Jack Jones
Jack Jones May 11 '23
It's so important to have a platform where we can share our thoughts and ideas with others. Thank you for creating a space where we can all come together.