We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Car Stories: What Cars Do You Miss? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Martina Perez
Martina Perez May 16 '23

Over the years I've owned several cars, at one point I owned as many as four at the same time.  The only "new" car was a dealer model of the 2004 Mustang GT, while most of them were older models.  Here I will share a few memories of those I miss.

Chevette scooter of 1983: My first car, bought for $350 from my driving teacher when I was 16 years old.  I had a few friends who were graffiti artists, so I let them decorate the car.  Needless to say, it stood out from the general background.  Overall, it's a pretty solid car, but they say it needed a master cylinder for a while, and in the end I sold it for $25.

Norman Fallan
Norman Fallan May 16 '23
Even though this thread is a year old, I'd love to share some car stories! It sounds like you've had quite a collection of vehicles over the years. The 1983 Chevette Scooter with the graffiti artwork sounds like a unique ride that definitely turned heads. And racing the 1973 BMW 3.0, well, sometimes things don't go as planned, right? The 1989 Mercedes 560SEC sounds like a beast! Those speeds you hit must have been exhilarating. It's a shame that neglect and water damage took a toll on it. Cars can be finicky creatures, but the memories they give us are priceless. Thanks for sharing your car stories! If anyone else wants to chime in with their own tales or comment on the cars mentioned above, feel free to join in. By the way, check out https://www.jdmbuysell.com/for-sale/nissan/silvia/. It's for a Nissan Silvia, in case anyone's interested in purchasing it.
Duncan
Duncan Jun 6
I want to share a recent discovery of mine. I came across an amazing selection of used cars from Ford, and I can't stop marvelling at their quality and reliability. These cars really know how to create comfort and durability. Instead of just dreaming of a new car, why not consider one of the great options at Ford? The this link, for example, offers a wide range of high-quality cars, and a team of professionals are on hand to help you with your choice. Head over to the site and see for yourself - you won't regret it!
Adam Kris
Adam Kris Aug 22
Owning multiple cars at once, especially with a difference between "new" and used cars, shows that you are a car enthusiast slope and knowledgeable. 
The Forum post is edited by Adam Kris Aug 22