We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

How to reset the ADMIN Page Menu section to Default settings | Forum

Lovely
Lovely Jan 12 '13
Hello,

My Admin Page menu section is totally disturbed by some manual changes.

How to bring this back to original default settings

I tried a lot but did not get success. Also When i made debug mode on then so many errors are coming in my admin section as follows :

How to solve all these errors .. All these things are happening after updating to 1.5 version..

Regards,

Lovely

The Forum post is edited by Lovely Jan 12 '13
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Simplest solution is to remove your custom changes that you did.

With the attached errors, it looks like there was a partial update to 1.5.
Lovely
Lovely Jan 12 '13
Hello Ramanujam,

Thanks for your early help. If I want to do installation again for 1.5. How to do that ?

I am not having backup available before this error occurs. I want to simply get 1.5 all default settings in Admin. Is this possible to re install 1.5 and if yes how to do this without loosing data of present website..

once again thank you very much. You are doing a great job here in Oxwall Forums.

Lovely..

Lovely
Lovely Jan 12 '13
Hello Oxwall Team,,

As suggested by Ramanujam , how to make partial or failure update of 1.5 again.

unfortunately , I am not having backup of my website before this error.

how to do the re installation of 1.5

Regards,

lovely

Alia Team
Alia Jan 14 '13
Lovely, here is what I suggest to do.

1. Fix existing errors.
I believe that you have another topic dedicated to this issue, where I asked to turn DEV MODE on. And another user suggested to change the theme.

2. Updating all over again.
Best solution is ( since your version is already up to date, manual update might not work) to install "Data Exporter" plugin ( search  the store). Export your data. Then install  1.5 from the stretch and use "Data Importer" plugin ( again, search the store) to import exported earlier file. I recommend doing this in test environment, for example, subfolder or subdomain, before going "live".

Alia Team
Alia Jan 14 '13
Topic was moved from General Questions.
Lovely
Lovely Jan 14 '13
Hello Aliia,

As I am not able to view admin section , how to use "Data Importer" or exporter plugin as they can be viewed and used through only in admin section ..

lovely

Lovely
Lovely Jan 15 '13
I am in big problem...Any body help...?
Lovely
Lovely Jan 15 '13
Hello EveryBody...

After spending more than 10 hours , At least i found one cause of this error...and everybody would shocked to find that this error is infact "Graphite theme " itself coming from oxwall server. The present theme folder on OXWALL server is having missing files...so I alert everybody not to download this theme till OXWALL correct it. The folder master pages in theme is having missing files. SEE the enclosed picture correct folder as per my old site and current folder being download from OXWALL..I hope Team oxwall would remove these bugs...

And now I am back to my previous error but atleast can see admin section...

Still working on it....

lovely..