We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Comments[Answered] | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Ed
Ed Jan 14 '13
Why is it that members cannot comment on posts in the news feed like facebook and why are comments always at the top and not added to and directly under the post you are commenting on or am I confused?
The Forum post is edited by ross Jan 7 '14
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Mambers can comment like FB.. But the difference is, in Oxwall, comment textbox does not appear automatically. You need to click that tiny "comment" icon to open the comment box in newsfeed.
Ed
Ed Jan 14 '13
sorry should have said the wall
Purusothaman Ramanujam
In the wall, comments can not be added.. Only in newsfeed comments can be added.
Ed
Ed Jan 14 '13
Thats my point why not one feed that members can make comments on all comments
Alia Team
Alia Jan 15 '13
Ed, "Wall" feature is just a comment box. It was originally designed this way.
Ed
Ed Jan 15 '13
Yes but it is confusing to members who are used to sites like facebook
Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Jan 15 '13
It works the same way as a facebook photo comment. I think its good this way.
Ed
Ed Jan 15 '13
Yes but those are all under a pic so you know what they are related to the wall has many comments unrelated that members cannot comment on?
Andrew
Andrew Jan 1 '14
I am trying to set up my site http://www.kikkoff.com and the NEWSFEED has no method of commenting. Surely if someone posts in NEWSFEED, the whole idea of a social networking site is that others can comment on the post? I have the comments set to 'ON' by the way.
The Forum post is edited by Andrew Jan 1 '14
bobbi
bobbi Jan 1 '14
click on the speech bubble next to the like button and the comment box will come up,
Andrew
Andrew Jan 1 '14
Thanks Bobbi and Lisa. It took a bit of finding however. I need to change this I think to make it more obvious!
Andrew
Andrew Jan 1 '14
Is there any way of showing the reply (comment) box under each post like in Facebook? Thanks again in advance!
bobbi
bobbi Jan 1 '14
i dont think so, but if someone does find you can show this i would be interested :)
This topic is locked