We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Sex shown incorrectly on friends page - Friends | Forum

Henrik
Henrik Jan 14 '13

I allow users to have more than one sex on my site, and male and female are not the only options. This works fine, except for on the friends page, which shows something like

base+questions_question_sex_value_6

8 37

instead of a list of sexes.

The Forum post is edited by Henrik Jan 15 '13
Henrik
Henrik Jan 19 '13
The same problem occurs when users are notified online or by mail about new friend requests.
Henrik
Henrik Feb 23 '13
Does Oxwall recognize this as a bug?
Alia Team
Alia May 16 '13
Henrik, I wasn't able to reproduce the issue.

Here are settings of my question in admin panel:

Here is outcome in "My Friends" section:

If you are still facing this issue, can you take a screen shot of your question's settings?
Henrik
Henrik May 17 '13
Aliia,

I have changed the Answer type to "Multiple choice" and the strange output on the friends page and in notifications occurs when users choose more than one gender. A single gender works fine.

I'll get back to you with screen shots.
Henrik
Henrik May 18 '13

Here comes the screen shots:

Making gender a multiple choice question:

Choosing at least two different genders when editing the profile:

The strange outcome on the friends page:

It seems that gender is no longer shown in online and email notifications, so the friends page is currently the only place where this problem occurs.

ross Team
ross Jun 5 '13
Henrik, 

I think the problem is that this test user was registered before you have created those profile multiple questions. He/she needs to edit their profiles for those questions to take effect. 

Users who will register after the time you had created these profiles questions, won't have such a problem

Henrik
Henrik Jun 5 '13
ross,

Thank your for your reply. Unfortunately, that is not the case. I created the multiple choice question already in February 2011, running Oxwall 1.0, and the test user wasn't created until May 18, 2013, when I needed to produce the screen shots Aliia requested.
Alia Team
Alia Jul 19 '13
For those who face this in future, try enabling DEV mode in config. php.
You do not have permission to reply this topic