We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Tanzania and Zanzibar honeymoon | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Martina Perez
Martina Perez Jun 20 '23

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping you can help. My partner and I are looking to book our honeymoon for September 2023 and we're both keen to go to Tanzania on safari for around a week and combine this with a relaxing beach holiday - again for around a week.

The natural choice seems to be to pair a safari in Tanzania with Zanzibar, but to be honest I'm overwhelmed by the choice out there in terms of safari operators and the types of accommodation they offer etc.

We're not especially after a luxury honeymoon experience for the safari as these do seem to get horrendously expensive, but neither are we hardened campers to go budget camping in tents for a week. I think I'd be tempted to go halfway for the safari and stay in lodges, and then push the luxury side of things in Zanzibar a bit more. What are people's thoughts on this?

I've backpacked around the world but when it comes to Safari I have no idea I love to book everything myself and save on the operator's commission.

Any advice or itinerary would be hugely appreciated.

Olli Stor
Olli Stor Jun 26 '23
Since you love booking everything yourself, I suggest researching and comparing different safari operators to find one that suits your budget and preferences. You can also look into reviews and recommendations from other travelers who have been to Tanzania.
FredLong
FredLong Jun 26 '23
Planning a Tanzania and Zanzibar honeymoon sounds amazing! It's great that you're looking for a mix of safari adventure and relaxation on the beach. As for safari operators and accommodations, I understand the overwhelm. If you're aiming for a balance between cost and comfort, staying in lodges during the safari sounds like a good idea. That way, you can still enjoy the safari experience without breaking the bank. And when it comes to Zanzibar, go ahead and splurge on some luxury for that extra honeymoon vibe! By the way, if you're interested in climbing Mount Meru, check out this https://altezza.travel/en/mount-meru. It might add an exciting twist to your Tanzania adventure!
The Forum post is edited by FredLong Jun 26 '23