We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Hunting Chair | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Clarens Larson
Clarens Larson Jun 21 '23
How about a hunting chair thread..
I think I need a chair and I've found it's not as simple as just pulling one off the shelf.  I have a blackout? turkey lounger.  It's comfortable but I've found the canvas to be noisy.  It's hard to move without it squeaking. Hard to stand up from during archery. Starts to hurt my tailbone after about an hour.  Which leads to shifting around..
Bought a cheap black folding chair from walmart.  Not noisy and fairly comfortable but I feel like it sits up too high.  It's your normal beach going/tail gating folding chair that slides in a bag with a strap to carry it by.
Because I don't like any of these options and I'm thinking I will hunt from the ground mostly, if not entirely, for the next four days.. this is my plan:  I'm going to just use my summit treestand seat as a ground seat.  I had removed the seat from the stand at the end of a day hunt recently because I expected rain during the night.  When I couldn't readily find my stand the following morning, I used the summit seat, to sit up against a tree until daylight.  It was, without a doubt, the most comfortable I have ever been sitting in the woods.  No comparison to anything else at all.  Totally silent.  Soooooo comfy.  And it's light.  And I think I can strap it to my pack just like a turkey vest with the built in seat.
Maybe I've already found the best option.. but wondering what chairs you guys might recommend regardless.  Helinox makes a great low sitting comfy seat that I had been looking at.  It only ways 2 lbs also.  But, it's not quite folding.  It requires a little 'assembly' and 'disassembly'.  Not a huge deal but I'm not exactly thrilled that it doesn't just easily fold up in a single motion.
Olli Stor
Olli Stor Jun 22 '23
Hi! I have been looking for furniture for long trips and for my yard for a long time...
Elijah Black
Elijah Black Jun 22 '23
I know this thread is a few years old, but the topic of finding the perfect hunting chair is timeless. It's always important to have a comfortable and reliable seat during those long hunting sessions. I can understand your frustration with the options you've tried so far and the challenges you've faced. It's great that you discovered the comfort and silence of using your summit treestand seat as a ground seat. Sometimes, the best solution is right in front of us! The fact that it's lightweight and easily attachable to your pack is definitely a plus. It's all about finding what works best for you. If you're still open to exploring other options, this site is worth considering. It's a great source of various kinds of furniture.
Roselyn Gonzales
Immerse yourself in the natural beauty of SandFork Texas Hog Hunting Ranch, your haven in Anson, TX, since 2021. Our family-owned ranch, with 15 years of hunt management, guarantees exciting experiences with feral hogs and native game. Escape the hustle and bustle for a weekend retreat, enjoying the tranquility of our rolling mesquite flats and the warmth of West Texas sunsets.