We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

messy update - no slide show at all. | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Piers J
Piers J Jan 19 '13
After updating the plug ins in my site the slide show just stopped working completely . So I am not sure how or what the new upgrades have done to slide show .  This plugin is no longer available from the list.

Can anyone help me here on how or what i need to click . I had to update every plug in individually to reach that 1.5.1 stage and even now not sure if all is updated.
Is there any easier method and can anyone help get slide show working again ?

thanks
cit27
cit27 Jan 19 '13
have you tried to deactivated and activated again
or uninstall and install again
GTranslated
Piers J
Piers J Jan 20 '13
Not yet but will try that -  Unistall and  re install.

Another unusual thing that happend after updating wa sthat the ANTI SPAM Plug in became so   over active that I ( admin) got thrown out as spam.

It was a big struggle to get my hosting company to go in there as admin and uninstall that plug in before I could enter my own site. Now ANTI SPAM is off adn its manual weeding of spammers.
Unique
Unique Jan 20 '13
he..he..you are admin but you are considered as spam
Stuart
Stuart Jan 20 '13
I was the same on my local domain. If you have sql access then the owtg_base_plugin table has a field isactive

You need to browse the table to find the plugin you require 1 is enabled, 0 is disabled.

The spam thing is such a complex and problematic situation at the moment.

watchdog is very young and not really up to much, the capture is in the oxwall core so plugins can't be added. From the amount of spam registrations I get the current capture method is very strong.

The Forum post is edited by Stuart Jan 20 '13
Alia Team
Alia Jan 23 '13
Piers, is slide show working now on your site?
Piers J
Piers J Feb 16 '13
yes thanks . I am using two slide shows and one in (main page position ) is not showing the full photos  however the one on side is good although smaller in size it works well.
pls check   www.chutpatti.info     ; its an adult site.

cheers