We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Problem | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Bas Leijgraaff
Bas Leijgraaff Jan 20 '13
My SMTP Works, now i has a last problem. The sender of the mails is my private mail! I will also as sender my website mail: ...@mywebsite.com

How can i do that?
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Do you mean you want to send the site emails to 2 different email address?
Bas Leijgraaff
No i have now by my SMTP: myprivateadres@gmail.com and i want mywebsite@info.com for massamailing
Andre Pan
Andre Pan Jan 20 '13
I think you can apply an Google App account for your info.com so you can use email address of mywebsite@info.com
Bas Leijgraaff
And how can i make that?
Andre Pan
Andre Pan Jan 20 '13
https://www.google.com/a/

Start a free trial, it's all free

Bas Leijgraaff
Is there another option? 
Bas Leijgraaff
Site EmailEmail address from which your users will receive notifications and mass mailing.The site say: Email address from which your users will receive notifications and mass mailing. -
Why have users mails with another email adress? 
Andre Pan
Andre Pan Jan 22 '13
Because sometimes site mail act as a sending-only email, it won't receive incoming mails, you should know those noreply@info.com email, that's what "site mail" means here, it will only used to send welcome email or activation letter to users through mail script (like PHP Mail). So basically it can be a fake email, cause it will not receive email.

If you installed your oxwall on some hosting service, basically they have email service, you can create an email address, such as noreply@yourwebsite.com, ans use it as site mail, you don't need the SMTP at all, oxwall will send email through PHP Mail script from your site mail address.

Bas Leijgraaff
Bas Leijgraaff Feb 5 '13
I understand: I have an email: info@mysite.com, they can i add by Main settings > SMTP and than? What is the host/username etc?