We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Remove dashboard[Answered] | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Jason
Jason Jan 20 '13
I am wanting to completely remove the 'dashboard' i have unchecked the permissions for both guests/registered members and also removed it from the menu, but yet its still accessible through direct link.

So how can i completely get rid of the dashboard?
The Forum post is edited by ross May 12 '14
Unique
Unique Jan 20 '13
if I'm not mistaken
The /dashboard page can not be viewed by visitors or guest
or
 users
when they are signed out
cit27
cit27 Jan 20 '13
try drug the PAGE you want to Hidden Pages box
Jason
Jason Jan 21 '13

Quote from Unique if I'm not mistaken
The /dashboard page can not be viewed by visitors or guest
or
 users
when they are signed out

Well this is what i would have thought, but even with the permissions unchecked for both guests and registered members i can still directly access the dashboard has a member but not as a guest.
Purusothaman Ramanujam
To make clear, you want to disallow even you members not to access the dashboard?
Jason
Jason Jan 21 '13
Yes, i want it blocked/removed completely.
Alia Team
Alia Jan 23 '13
>>but yet its still accessible through direct link.

Dashboard is a system page. When users log in they always get redirected to this page.

To make dashboard unaccessible through  the direct link, you will need to edit your .htaccess file.
First of all you will need to change where users are redirected after they log in and then block dashboard's URL.

For more information on how to set .htaccess file google ".htaccess mod_rewrite rules" .
Jason
Jason Jan 23 '13
Ok, thank you Aliia.
Alia Team
Alia Jan 23 '13
You are welcome.
Tester
Tester Jan 23 '13
I just removed it from the Top Menu. Not a permanent solution. But since the users have not seen it before, someone directly using the URL is not very likely. By the way, Joomla (I think) uses some coding atop all relevant pages to prevent direct entry to the URL.

D.S
D.S Jun 30 '13
I didn't successed with .htaccess file... because it always redirect to index.php

when oxwall is installed, first .htaccess go to index.php then ==> route ==> dispatcher ==> controller (only 34 files in controller)

soooo you need to edit in yoursite\ow_system_plugins\base\controllers ==> user.php

remove
all the base_member_dashboard by the page you want to show after log-in

D.S
D.S Jun 30 '13
the link in URL still available but there is no more the redirection 
Pete
Pete Jun 30 '13
why don't you just rename the page
Dane
Dane May 5 '14
So what would you change base_member_dashboard to for a redirect to the profile page please?

I am guessing it is this

base_member_profile

to redirect to the profile page?
The Forum post is edited by Dane May 5 '14
ross Team
ross May 5 '14
Dane I'm sorry what you're trying to achieve?
Dane
Dane May 6 '14
Sorry buddy, I am wanting to change my landing page for the members. So when they login in they no longer go to the dashboard and instead go to the profile page once logged in.

Hope this makes sense Ross
The Forum post is edited by Dane May 6 '14
ross Team
ross May 6 '14
Remove dashboard page to the hidden pages section and put My profile page first in the admin panel/pages and menus section
Dane
Dane May 6 '14
Great thanks :)
ross Team
ross May 12 '14
No problem
Dane
Dane May 17 '14

Quote from Chris_W Redirect /dashboard http://yourdomain.com

Thats great too thanks buddy -:}