We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Which features should I look for when buying an adjustable standing desk? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
James Stiller
James Stiller Jul 27 '23
Hey everyone! I've been considering getting an adjustable standing desk for my home office setup. I've heard they have several health benefits and can improve productivity. Does anyone here use one? If so, what are your thoughts on it? Which features should I look for when buying an adjustable standing desk? Any brand recommendations?
David Wilson
David Wilson Jul 27 '23

Yes, I have been using an adjustable standing desk for the past six months, and it's been a game-changer for my work routine standing desk canada https://www.progressivedesk.ca/. One of the key features I'd recommend looking for is a smooth height-adjustment mechanism. It should be easy to switch between sitting and standing positions. Some desks come with electric motors for seamless adjustments, while others have manual crank handles. I personally prefer the electric ones as they are more convenient.

Another important aspect is the desk's stability. Make sure it's sturdy enough to hold your monitors, keyboard, and other accessories without wobbling. I opted for a desk with a cross-brace design, and it feels very stable even when fully extended.

Mike Jason
Mike Jason Jul 27 '23

Hello! I'm glad you're considering an adjustable standing desk; they do make a significant difference in your overall well-being during long work hours. Building on what David mentioned, I'd like to emphasize the importance of ergonomics when choosing a desk. Look for models that allow you to adjust the keyboard and monitor height independently. This way, you can maintain a proper posture whether you're sitting or standing.

Also, consider the weight capacity of the desk. If you plan to put multiple monitors, a printer, or other heavy items on it, you'll want a desk that can handle the load without issues.

Another feature to keep in mind is cable management. A clutter-free workspace is crucial, and having cable trays or grommets to route wires neatly will help you stay organized.

Regarding brands, I have a "StandingSolutions" desk, and it has served me well. Their customer service is excellent, too. "ErgoGenic" is another brand known for its quality and customer satisfaction.