We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Multiplying Credits Based On Awards - Member Awards | Forum

Paul
Paul Jan 22 '13
Hi Purus

I was just wondering if it would be possible to implement a system with this plugin where members earn more credits based on the awards they receive.

Let's take logging in as an example.  Say a member that has not yet won an award gets 10 credits for logging could the system be set so that they get 50% extra credits when they reach the first award level (so they get 15 credits) and then get 100% extra credits at the next (so they would get 20 credits) and then get 150% at the next one (so they get 25 credits) and so on.

By giving them extra credits when they attain higher awards I should think that this would encourage members to be more active and it would be great if you could make this plugin do it because then I would definitely buy it!

Purusothaman Ramanujam
It would be possible to implement.
Paul
Paul Jan 22 '13
That was a fast reply Purus!!  Thank you.

If you could do that with your next update or something like then I will definitely buy this plugin - it will achieve something very, very cool in my opinion

Purusothaman Ramanujam
I believe this is not a common request. I will see how sooner I can included this. But will surely do it.
Paul
Paul Jan 22 '13
Perhaps nobody else has thought of it but I'm sure many will like it.  There's no rush and thank you for reply and service which is wonderful as always.
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Thanks Paul. I like this idea and will have it done ASAP.
Chris H.
Chris H. Feb 16 '13
This is an awesome idea. I like it. Good thinking Paul.
Paul
Paul Feb 17 '13

Quote from Chris H. This is an awesome idea. I like it. Good thinking Paul.

Thanks Chris.  I have tons of ideas for plugins but unfortunately lack the programming skills to put them into action.  That's why I give the ideas to Purus because he has the skills necessary to implement them!
Purusothaman Ramanujam
I welcome the ideas from all, so that the plugin can be made better. The issue is that I have limited time. Wish I had 48 hours in a day :D
Paul
Paul Feb 17 '13
@Purus - I know how you feel with regard to there being not enough hours in a day!!
Chris H.
Chris H. Feb 17 '13

Quote from Paul
Quote from Chris H. This is an awesome idea. I like it. Good thinking Paul.

Thanks Chris.  I have tons of ideas for plugins but unfortunately lack the programming skills to put them into action.  That's why I give the ideas to Purus because he has the skills necessary to implement them!

That's great Paul I couldn't agree with you any better. And yes I love Purus' work. He has made a lot of useful tools that make Oxwall even better.
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Thanks for your kind words Chris. I am working now on few free plugins too.
Chris H.
Chris H. Feb 18 '13

Quote from Purusothaman Ramanujam Thanks for your kind words Chris. I am working now on few free plugins too.

No problem! That's great. I am quite excited to see what you have in store for us.
You do not have permission to reply this topic