We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Please help me to install OW to Hosting | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Zaur
Zaur Mar 14 '11
Hi,

I want to install it to hostig. But getting some errors:

1. Don't show the template
2. Gives error when I go via the http://mydomain/install/inde.php
3. on .htaccess fayl I commented following line for solving 500 error messages:

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/index.php
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_updates/index.php
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_updates/
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (/|\.php|\.html|\.htm|\.feed|\.pdf|\.raw|/[^.]*)$ [NC]

#RewriteRule (.*) index.php

Please help me to istall this soft to my hosting. Thanks.
Den Team
Den Mar 15 '11
Hi
It seems that you don't have ModRewrite module in your apache settings. Check it please.
Daneel Oliwav
Daneel Oliwav Apr 8 '11
Zaur would you mind letting us know if ( and how in case ) you solved your problem?

Thanks!
Rachel
Rachel Apr 20 '23

To install and host a website, you can follow these general steps:

Choose a hosting provider: You will need to choose a web hosting provider that fits your needs and budget. There are many options available, such as shared hosting, VPS hosting, and dedicated hosting.

Register a domain name: You will need to register a domain name for your website. Your domain name is the address that people will use to access your site. You can register a domain name through your hosting provider or through a separate domain registrar.

Set up your hosting account: Once you have chosen a hosting provider and registered your domain name, you will need to set up your hosting account. This usually involves creating a username and password, and selecting a hosting plan that fits your needs.

Install a website builder or CMS: Depending on your hosting provider, you may have access to a website builder or content management system (CMS) that can help you create and manage your website. Some popular options include WordPress, Drupal, and Joomla.

Design your website: Once you have installed your website builder or CMS, you can begin designing your website. This may involve selecting a template or theme, customizing your site's layout and colors, and adding content such as text, images, and videos.

Test your website: Before you launch your website, it's important to test it thoroughly to make sure everything is working as it should. This may involve checking links, testing forms, and ensuring that your site loads quickly and correctly on different devices and browsers.

Launch your website: Once you are satisfied with your website and have tested it thoroughly, you can launch it to the world. You may want to promote your website through social media, search engine optimization, and other marketing channels to help attract visitors and grow your audience.

Regards,

Rachel Gomez