We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

I am looking for good hosts for oxwall | Forum

Bob (Coder Whacker)
Bob (Coder Whacker) Jan 24 '13
I have tested recommend Oxwall hosts and found them very wanting.

What I want is  recommended host similar to webmarster.com that people can install oxwall using cpanel and be totally happy.

I am an independent developer that spends a lot of time helping other developers, many of you will know me here. please help me as this will help other developers the newbies to Oxwall. This information gleaned will be published on CodeWhacker   
suresh kumar
suresh kumar Jan 24 '13
i personally recommend hostrightnow.com its very cheap and the site is so stable i use it .
Bob (Coder Whacker)
Thanks kumar this is just the thing i was after  and its posted at

The Forum post is edited by Bob (Coder Whacker) Jan 24 '13
cit27
cit27 Jan 24 '13
Specially for Indonesian people only I personally recommend MediaInfoWeb. (available very cheap IIX Servers and VPS)
Bob (Coder Whacker)
thanks cit27 its now posted at and very appreciated
tracy
tracy Jan 24 '13
x10 hosting, is free and offers unlimited space and bandwidth, i use it and have no problems with it.
OW Developer
OW Developer Jan 24 '13
we offer hosting and we have one package made for oxwall users with all the specs for a oxwall site and its only $5.00 per month no other fees at all no contract means you can cancel anytime.
Bob (Coder Whacker)
Thank you Tracy its now posted at and very appreciated
The Forum post is edited by Bob (Coder Whacker) Jan 24 '13
Bob (Coder Whacker)
Guys we are not after recommendations from hosting service owners but from clients that use hosts and are totally happy as the Oxwall site is running smoothly and they are totally pleased with the service. but thanks for the adds 
Bob (Coder Whacker)
Paul I will be doing the same a bit later this year lets hope people will like our services and post their recommends here. You can advertize the service on my site however maybe Ow developer would also like to do that also.
OW Developer
OW Developer Jan 24 '13
yea i might:) 
shush
shush Jan 24 '13
justhost.com  installed Oxwall using simplescripts, it installed 1.4 easy peasy (I'm not code literate).

I had to use the file-manager in c-panel to uplaod the oxwall updater, I followed the short easy instructions @Oxwall.

Was easy. justhost are not cheap and simplescripts is soo slow to update software upgrades, but there instructions and support have been good.

I don't know wht it's like if you have much traffic, I only use it for playing with new software and learning. I hope todo a site for my family once I'm confident with the software though.

David A
David A Feb 25 '13
How do these sites handle space?  Do they enforce some sort of file count for websites?
Pete
Pete Feb 25 '13

Quote from Bob (Coder Whacker)
I have tested recommend Oxwall hosts and found them very wanting.

What I want is  recommended host similar to webmarster.com that people can install oxwall using cpanel and be totally happy.

I am an independent developer that spends a lot of time helping other developers, many of you will know me here. please help me as this will help other developers the newbies to Oxwall. This information gleaned will be published on CodeWhacker   

Most shared webhosting hosts will only let you run oxwall if your site numbers or small,once your website grows,if your on a shared host,you will be told to move to a dedi server,etc,or thy will suspend your service.
Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Feb 25 '13
I like Arvixe! :)
David A
David A Feb 25 '13
Thanks Paul.. I will also check with my hosting site/others to see if they limit mysql/db connections.