We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

How to display a list of bloggers? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Tester
Tester Jan 25 '13
I want to display the Real Names of all our bloggers, using the Custom text/HTML widget available on the main page. I am not sure whether HTML can handle it, but still want to know about the possibility. Thanks.
Alia Team
Alia Jan 28 '13
Tester, in the situation when you use "Username" all over the site instead of "Real Name":

- You can create the list manually. Visit each blogger's profile, find out his/her real name. Create a list. Wrap it into html to give a nice look and feel. And then paste into the custom html widget.

- customize software source code heavily, to grab user's real names even though "username" is used site wide. Just using .html will not be enough in this case.

If you are using Real names on your site instead of usernames:

- Customize source code of the "Blogs" widget, which currently  is already  displaying the list of the latest blogs on the main page ( ow_plugins/blogs/components/blog_widget.php and ow_plugins/blogs/views/components/blog_widget.html).

Tester
Tester Jan 29 '13
Thanks, Aliia. Real Names as displayed on my site. I will try the alternative.
Tester
Tester Jan 29 '13
Thanks, Aliia. Real Names are displayed on my site. I spoke about it to a very good computer programmer, and he doesn't recommend it, since our site will have a great number of bloggers over time. Then I suggested something like the widget displaying members' photos, with a 'view all' option. He said that's much better. He will work on it.
Alia Team
Alia Jan 30 '13
You are welcome.